[BTS] I need moders to join my project

CHINCHIN

Chieftain
I need moders to help me with my mod, although it works perfectly, there are details that do not work as I would like.

My partner, Manolo, who dominates Python and DLL left the project and I only handle the XML.

Mod Combat Revolution changes many things, but the most important is the combat system, this one looks like the Civ3, the siege units bombard and there are defensive and offensive units, also the number of attacks per square is limited to force to disperse troops and Create fronts.

Another important change is that the resources have to be transported to the cities to get their benefits. Event creates building-primary => Building-primary creates Resource-Unit => Resource-Unit creates Building-resource => Event eliminates Building-resource in 20 turn

There is ammunition and fuel, the nuclear submarine can not be seen by any unit unless it emerges to attack, the occupied enemy plot change culture, a fort occupied in neutral territory also changes culture, damaged air units do not intercept .. .

If anyone wants to join the project, you are welcome.

Attachments

• C3.jpg
    C3.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 310
  • C2.jpg
    C2.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 233
  • C1.jpg
    C1.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 228
  • R1.jpg
    R1.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 228
  • R2.jpg
    R2.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 236
  • R3.jpg
    R3.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:
Problems to solve:

1) When giving away a unit, it does not keep the value of ammunition-fuel.

2) When triggering the resource event in which a building is eliminated at 20 turns. It does not eliminate the building of the city that triggering the event, if not any building of that class of any city.

3) As in mod the occupied enemy plot change of culture, if this one has a resource, the event of resource it is produced in the nearest own city.

Can anyone help me with this?

Last edited:
Interesting ideas. Though at this point in Civ4's lifetime, it will be difficult to get a DLL/python modder interested just based on a forum request.

Two steps I suggest:
1) Put up a playable version of your mod (even if it has bugs and is incomplete),
2) Put all of your source code (XML, python, DLL files) into a publicly viewable repository (Github, Sourceforge or Bitbucket are the most commonly used)

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I thought I'd put it on the forum. As soon as the last version finishes.

Where do you think it is best to place it in "Civ4 - Modpacks" or "Civ4 - Project & Mod Development"?

Project & Mod Development doesn't have any threads, it only exists to host subforums for larger mod projects. So initially, the Modpacks forum is the right place to post. If your mod grows larger or attracts a team that needs its own forum to coordinate, you might request your own subforum in Project & Mod Development.

So, I'm python/SDK modder. I am interested in your mod. But I'm bad in Spanish... However, I don't know anything about CIV3 combat system, but I can help u with debugging some errors.
I think, we don't need to invent CultureByCombatChange system once more.
We have SDK variant of Influence Driven War by Montezuma: https://forums.civfanatics.com/posts/8498763/
Python variant by Platyping:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...sant-posh-python.497337/page-42#post-12837629
And other python variant in Pie's Ancient Europe.

We have Dale's Combat mod, Vicentz Rangedstrike, ThomasSG CCV as Ranged combat mods.

And Limited Units per tile as a part of RoM andand C2C.
Is it a new merged mod? I don't seem, standart AI will understand new game mechanic, so we need to develop it on Better BTS AI or RevolutionDCM base. Or let's make the new mod Pitboss-compatible (Your pitbosses are perfect )) ). Or let,s create some simple modcomps, somebody will use it at his choise.

And Limited Units per tile as a part of RoM andand C2C.
Is it a new merged mod? I don't seem, standart AI will understand new game mechanic, so we need to develop it on Better BTS AI or RevolutionDCM base. Or let's make the new mod Pitboss-compatible (Your pitbosses are perfect )) ). Or let,s create some simple modcomps, somebody will use it at his choise.
The Limited Units per Tile component is not bug free. There is no AI recognition of the limit so sometimes an infinite loop occurs when a city builds a new unit but can't keep the unit in the city because of the limit and can't move it to any neighbouring plot because they are all full also. The only know "fix" for that problem is to up the limit for 10 turns before dropping it back down again.

Of course, Python variant is not AI compatible. We need to change all the AI battle mechanics code in SDK. CvUnitAI.cpp will need to be fully restructurised. Do we REALLY need it?

... I am interested in your mod...
Ok, thanks for the offer. The Mod is stable, and the main stuff works perfectly, except for some minor details. I need help for some new ideas that I have, but im not making throw the XML.

I am also bad in Ukrainian and / or Russian, in English we can manage to understand. I send you a message with my email and let's talk.

Top Bottom