Idea Spittballing for New Civ

Toaster Queen

Chieftain
Civ: USSR

Leader: Mikhail Gorbachev

Leader Ability: Glasnost: All civs have +1 Diplomatic Visibility with you. Markets provide triple yields and up to 3 extra trade routes depending on your government level, you cannot build banks or stock exchanges. +2 amenities in all cities with a level 2 district building.

Civ Ability: Soviet Engineering: Industrial zones give +1 adjacency bonus to all nearby districts. Cities with a uranium or aluminium mine receives 25% bonus production to nuclear and space race programs respectively. Industrial zones give +1 great engineer points per building. Cities with a fully powered factory receive an additional 10% production bonus to space race programs.

Unique Unit, Illegals: Unique unit that replaces the spy, unlocked at Education. More expensive to build. Can run the unique "integrate" mission, gives you +2 visibility with that civ for 16 turns (on standard speed), spies running missions in this civ have a 20% higher chance of success while this is active. Can run the unique "Development Theft" mission, which gives a 20% production boost to all city projects, including space race and nuclear projects, in your cities for 10 turns (on standard speed).

Soviet Unique District, Academy of Sciences: Unique district that replaces the campus. Cheaper to build. Receive +3 to science is adjacent to another Academy of Sciences. Civs in a scientific alliance with you get the ability to build a unique building in their campus which gives all academy of sciences +1 science output. Gives +1 great scientist point per turn than normal. Receives Tourism equal to adjacency bonus after researching flight. Cannot be built in the same city as a holy site.

This is just a rough draft and isn't refined at all

Civ: USSR

Leader: Mikhail Gorbachev

Leader Ability: Glasnost: All civs have +1 Diplomatic Visibility with you. Markets provide triple yields and up to 3 extra trade routes depending on your government level, you cannot build banks or stock exchanges. +2 amenities in all cities with a level 2 district building.

Civ Ability: Soviet Engineering: Industrial zones give +1 adjacency bonus to all nearby districts. Cities with a uranium or aluminium mine receives 25% bonus production to nuclear and space race programs respectively. Industrial zones give +1 great engineer points per building. Cities with a fully powered factory receive an additional 10% production bonus to space race programs.

Unique Unit, Illegals: Unique unit that replaces the spy, unlocked at Education. More expensive to build. Can run the unique "integrate" mission, gives you +2 visibility with that civ for 16 turns (on standard speed), spies running missions in this civ have a 20% higher chance of success while this is active. Can run the unique "Development Theft" mission, which gives a 20% production boost to all city projects, including space race and nuclear projects, in your cities for 10 turns (on standard speed).

Soviet Unique District, Academy of Sciences: Unique district that replaces the campus. Cheaper to build. Receive +3 to science is adjacent to another Academy of Sciences. Civs in a scientific alliance with you get the ability to build a unique building in their campus which gives all academy of sciences +1 science output. Gives +1 great scientist point per turn than normal. Receives Tourism equal to adjacency bonus after researching flight. Cannot be built in the same city as a holy site.

This is just a rough draft and isn't refined at all

Gorby is a most intriguing idea for a leader. As I too would like a Cold War Era leader for Russia. Mikhail would bring some drama. But one who would bring even more anxiety is my choice: Nikita Khrushchev. Nikita was very confrontational yet had a mind to distance himself from Stalin. I chose Nikita as an ideal counter to my choice for America: Dwight Eisenhower. A little Cold War Drama now and again can be a healthy thing

Top Bottom