1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Ideas for Religion

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Star Trek Mod' started by apenpaap, May 25, 2009.

1. apenpaap

apenpaap Tsar of all the Internets

I have a few ideas to make religion more interesting and diverse in this mod. The first is to add "The Founders" and "Survivalism" as religions. The Dominion would be the only civ to start with The Founders (And thus, always found it). Survivalism would be the starting tech/religion for civilizations that only care about their survival: The Vidiians, the Vaadwaur and (In version 3) the Xindi. It would also be fun to give each religion different effects, instead of having them all generate 1 :) and 1 culture . An idea about this:

Exploration:
    Religion in city: +1 XP for units built in city, +10% science
    Holy city: +1 XP for units built in city, Free Navigation 1 for units built in city, +25% science, +2 culture
    Museum of Exploration: +1 :) , +10% science, +1 culture

Total Logic:
    Religion in city: +20% science
    Holy city: +50% science, +1 culture
    Kolinahr academy: +1 :), +10% science, +1 culture

Warrior's Code:
    Religion in city: +1 :), +2 XP for units built in city
    Holy City: +5 XP for units built in city, +1 :), +3 culture
    Hall of Warriors: +3 XP for units built in city, +2 :culture:

Isolationism:
    Religion in city: +2 XP for units built in city, +15% :espionage:
    Holy city: +3 XP for units built in city, +30% :espionage:, +1 :culture:
    Intelligence Agency: +30% :espionage:

Rules of Acquisition:
    Religion in city: +1 :), +20% :commerce:
    Holy City: +1 :), +35% :commerce:, +3 :culture:
    Market: +1 :), +15% :commerce:

The Prophets/ The Pagh-Wraiths:
    Relgion in city: +2 :), +2 :culture:
    Holy city: +3:), +8 :culture:
    Temple: +1 :), +6 :culture:

The Founders:
    Religion in city: +1 XP for units built in city, +25% :espionage:
    Holy City: +3XP for units built in city, +40% :espionage:, +1 :culture:
    Ketracel-white distribution facilty: +4 XP for units built in city

Survivalism:
    Religion in city: +1 :mad:, +4 XP for units built in city, +10% City defense
    Holy city: +2 :mad:, +8 XP for units built in city, +1 :culture:, +25% city defense
    Militia barracks: +1 :mad:, can draft units in city without Xenofobia

The lsit above is probably very unbalanced, but I think something like this could be very interesting.

2. Gelvan

Gelvan Chieftain

I like the idea! well, make it so... and then we'll see if it's unbalanced or not. :)

3. deanej

deanej Chieftain

Now that I think about it, it would be nice for the religions to be different. Too bad I have no idea how! Other than raw research, gold, and culture (probably espionage too) there is nothing else that can be done via XML. Doing the XP via python is easy. The rest? No idea. Probably involves the SDK if you want it to look professional (in other words, not like the python trick I used to get Barracks to grant city garrison in additon to city raider).

4. apenpaap

apenpaap Tsar of all the Internets

Well, I can't do Python or SDK modding, so if I'm gonna make it into a modmod (Not saying I will, I'm pretty busy at the moment), that's out. Though I could move the difficult effects to a special 1 hammer costing building that can only be built in cities with that religion.