I''ll say it first - Civ is dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well what the hell..

1. Everyone and their mother is downloading the demo. What did you expect?

2. get the game and play it.

3. Warcraft is ->.

Actually, I don't remember any problems with civ 4. It worked perfectly for me straight out of the box. I'll take your word for it that there were issues, since there always are.

It had a great run...greatest game series of all time. But this is just terrible on so many levels...between the intrusive steam bloatware getting between me and my game, unfulfilled preorders, inability to perform on directx10 or 11 after demanding really high system specs, and have to TRY to play the demo; not just simply play it, no, TRY over and over to MAYBE have steam LET you play it...only to stop suddenly and put you back to hitting play for the hundredth time and sitting through the stupid movie AGAIN.
When my copy actually arrives(what was the point of preordering again?) I won't even open it, it'll be sent back.
So long civ, we had a hell of a run.

Can you send it to me?

Civ 5's DX11 requires a Quadcore. For those of us with only duo cores, it's back to DX9.

Dx version has nothing to do with your cpu... it's your windows version and your graphics card, doing the tricks.
With WinVista or 7 you can use Dx11 and if your graphic card supports it, then all features are enabled of it.

Actually, I don't remember any problems with civ 4. It worked perfectly for me straight out of the box. I'll take your word for it that there were issues, since there always are.

No, you're wrong. Civ 4 killed the series. Civ 4 is the end of Civ as we know it. Nice job, Firaxis! Thanks for killing Civilization!

typical "everything is awesome cause I spent money on it" crap. I'll bet any amount of money this game doesn't have half the sales, mods or forum traffic of civ 3 or 4.

So you didnt even play the game? Nice. You hate steam, it doesnt work well for you, too bad :(

The game works for me, steam works for me. The game it self is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom