[Immersioneers] 'To Boldly Go': The first Immersioneers test-game(s)

All these timezones are confusing me. Yesterday i planned for the game to start in 4 hours from now. 16:00 in norway. Dont know if that was ever the case and it got changed now or if i just calculating the timezone wrong. I might not make it thought i will try. Im gonna assume that there will be some delays with getting everything set up and everyone invited before it starts so hopefully i will make it before you start. :)

@fickle: Hey, I never asked. ;) Although to be fair, I didn't know that the only way to join is for the host to invite you. I thought you could simply write the game name and password... You know, like any sensible person would've implemented this. :crazyeyes:

@Uppercut83: The game was moved forward by 2 hours. Also, there was an adjustment to winter time last night (perfect timing! :lol:). But that gave us one *extra* hour as well, so, it should be a *good* thing (other than the possible confusion resulting from it).

Just to clear things up, two hours to go now; as this clock hits 13:00.

Tbh, I think we might have to wait a while in the game lobby, as timezones seem to be confusing a lot of folks. I, too, am a bit puzzled, as it seems like an hour or two have suddenly gone missing. I should've made a count-down clock that counts the time until the start of the game; someone made one for the release of Civ VI, so it should be quite easy. I don't really get it why the whole planet doesn't use the same time-zone and simply accept that the sun rises and falls at different times in different places... Think of the benefits to the world economy! They'd be *enormous*, judging by this thread alone! :lol::goodjob:

...Yes, but UTC is not observed when it comes to the day-to-day affairs of each nation, which is what I meant ofc. So the living-room wall clock in the average person's house would be showing the same time world-wide, and the sun would simply come up at different times in different parts of the world. It's no weirder than the current system, and we'd soon get used to it, imo. And any confusion as to the starting time of anything would be eliminated for good, period. :goodjob:

EDIT: Ah, Stroganov is finally online, thankfully. I was getting a bit worried that our other host might not show up. :eek: One hour to go now, folks; you best prepare mentally for the Viking raids that are about to commence! :D:viking:

yes i meant that it being moved forward might be an issue for me. as i had some things to do i planned to do it before the game and now im kinda locked into having to do it. ill be back as fast as i can though, if i make it i make it :p

Also, game #2 is up, send me a message on steam if you want an invite, it's early still, but no reason to not set everything up :)
Now that I think of it, you're right. @Stroganov: you may start game #1 as well, if it suits you atm.

EDIT: I'll update the op and put you as Japan. We could always just agree on the Civs while in the lobby, but meh, it's still the best policy.

We're currently setting up the game in the Immersioneers steam group chat
I'm a bit confused. It appears that Stroganov has hosted one game through Steam already? I was under the impression that we'd organize the first game through these forums. Anyway, no big deal, as long as we can get this game underway as planned.

I hate Steam though, so I'd rather not use it for anything but joining the games. Anyway, I will host the first game then, as I seem to have most everyone on my friend list. We'll wait 30-60 minutes for people to show up; if there's too few people for 2 games, we'll all join just one game.

Top Bottom