Imperial-Royal Mountain Troops

Spheniscine

Chieftain
I noticed that Austria is supposed to have this unique unit instead of the Coffee House, but there is no graphic, and the Civilopedia entry seems to be broken? Furthermore it doesn't appear in the tech tree at all...

edit: I noticed by checking the files that apparently the graphics are based off Denmark's unit; could that be the problem? Since I don't have that DLC...

Yes you are correct.

That Austrian UU does use resources from the Vikings DLC.
Apologies for that, didn't even occur to me that there may be players without that DLC.

hmm...

Perhaps we will have to make a contingency plan in the sql to use other resources if that DLC isn't available.

Thank you for your report.
The other alternative is to get that DLC, it usually goes on sale every now and then for a couple of US$

Bumping for new info/concern:
To remove the DLC dependency, two things need to be changed: the graphics (which can be conditional, so those with the DLC won't see any change), and the "PROMOTION_SKI_INFANTRY" promotion. What does that do? If I assume that is the same as the ability that the Ski Infantry gets in unmodded (In Snow, Tundra, Hills: +25% Combat Bonus (if Forest or Jungle is not present) and Double Movement), that seems a bit overpowered, since the Imperial-Royal Mountain Troops also get Homeland Guardian (combat bonus in friendly territory) and mountain-crossing. Perhaps it should be replaced by the hill movement promotion?

Either of those unit graphics would be fine as a replacement for them. Nice searching, looks like there are plenty of options.

Yes, you are correct, the promotion is the vanilla one.

Feel free to change what you like. This unit was my first ever unit creation in CivV, so the chances of it being OP is pretty high.

I can only assume no-one has been playing as Austria and ever saw them with this unit.
Another thing about Austria, they are the only civ in this mod with 2 UUs and a UB! We could therefore just delete the new unit altogether, who would even notice?

If you want to see if you can get those graphics into a working format, or let me know otherwise. I'm beginning to see the need for a whole new tweaking for Austria. I have never played as them, they just don't grab me.

We could therefore just delete the new unit altogether, who would even notice?
That's kinda what I did with my own copy of the mod, to get it to work without the DLC. :p

Hmm yeah Diplomatic Marriage is certainly unique, and has its uses, but situational; you may find yourself just not using the ability some games. I played as them once because I was fed up of being locked out of strategic resources. As luck would have it I didn't need them that game (won with cultural victory); though I did annex one CS in order to keep my empire contiguous.

Top Bottom