Implied new information gathered

homan1983

King
The Arabs start the game with the ability to go into a Fundamentalism

This refers to the ability of Arabs to start with Religion.
This means that unlike civ2, fundamentalism is a starter government rather than endgame government [It also didn't help that when the govs. were listed, Fundamentalism was shown last after Communism and Democracy.]

Of course we are assuming that religion is an early tech - which logically it would!

. The settlers don't come into play late in the game for city creation but you can use them to bolster a production or trade city that has little food.

Referring of course to the industrial bonus of India to get 1/2 price settlers. Apparently settlers now have multiple uses:

1) To settle new land
2) To resettle from one location to another

Maybe this also shows us why Republic is a more powerful government than originally thought.

Sure the -1pop for 2-3 settlers for new cities wouldn't be much. But if you're also in the business of shuttling pop from high food low pop cities to low food high pop cities then republic seems like a good choice [anyone remember the days when under democracy in "we love the king" we could grow our country rapidly?... I'm getting flashbacks]

The combination of republic and this civ bonus seems great.

This also means that all governments are pretty good except communism which seems a bit sh!tty.
It would all depend honestly on whether the communism bonus is applied cumulatively with other buildings [which would suck ass] or multiplicatively [as is the case with democracy in the way its implemented].

and how do you know democracy is multiplicative?

We've known for awhile that settlers can resettle in other cities, not just create new cities...I assumed you knew this when you were bashing India's bonuses and the Republic as being worthless.

This refers to the ability of Arabs to start with Religion.
This means that unlike civ2, fundamentalism is a starter government rather than endgame government [It also didn't help that when the govs. were listed, Fundamentalism was shown last after Communism and Democracy.]

Of course we are assuming that religion is an early tech - which logically it would!

Not necessarily, Every government Except Communism is available to one civ at the beginning of the game

However it does sound like the Governments are basically

Despotism

Monarchy, Republic, Fundamentalism

Democracy, Communism

Making it a definite better Government than if it appeared when it did in Civ2

Not necessarily, Every government Except Communism is available to one civ at the beginning of the game

This is true, apparently The English get Monarchy, Romans Republic and Greek Democracy.

However you must understand that logically, one would expect the technology "religion" comes pretty early on [at least much earlier than communism, republic or democracy].

This is the main reason I said fundamentalism will come much earlier than its Civ2 coutnerpart.

This is true, apparently The English get Monarchy, Romans Republic and Greek Democracy.

However you must understand that logically, one would expect the technology "religion" comes pretty early on [at least much earlier than communism, republic or democracy].

This is the main reason I said fundamentalism will come much earlier than its Civ2 coutnerpart.

Actually, I'd disagree

Republic/Democracy 'techs' could come very early... at least as early as Religion.

Communism is the only one that is Definitely Modern.

I would guess that Monarchy is probably nearly the earliest, I would also guess that Republic is fairly early. (along with Fundamentalism)

I would guess that Democracy is fairly late, along with communism

Top Bottom