[IMPORTNAT!] Commerce Poll: Abandon the Philo Gambit? [IMPORTANT!]

Should we abandon the Philosophy Gambit?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Octavian X

is not a pipe.
This one's simple and straightforward. We're approaching a very important junction after writing: Do we want to continue full steam and research Philo first to get a free tech, or do we abandon that plan to generate more gold for warrior upgrades for the upcoming war?

See this discussion for more information.

A NO vote preserves the current plan to research Philosophy at full steam.

A YES vote abandons the current Philo plan.

A companion poll will be posted shortly to determine research should the Philo plan be abandoned.

This is the poll that initially approved the Philo gambit

NEVER! Onward with Philosophy! Free tech and then massive gold from tech trade!

Just bumping this to the top as it appears that many who expressed opinions in teh discussion poll haven't voted here yet.

A 7-7 split is not very decisive. Lets get some votes on this one way or the other.

I say go for philo, with the gold we get for trading our free tech and philo we can get much more gold for upgrades than just saving up gold right now

SaaM, Philosophy is currently losing. The question is should we abandon the gambit? and YES is winning.

Is it possible that some people are confused on the options and voted the opposite of what they meant?

We shouldn't abandon it. We voted for it; heck the election between SaaM and I was basically about it. We can trade philosophy for some upgrading money/other techs. If you're all worried about money, then we might want to gamble on the gambit and research at, say, 50% or 60% science.

Stuck_As_a_Mac said:
SOMEBODY BREAK THE FRIGGIN TIE ALREADY!!
Your wish is my command, your excellency. To hear is to obey, effendi. You got it, bro.

i said go with Philo. Ancient wars are never vey tough. Plus Philo could could save us time getting to Middle Ages

Top Bottom