Improving performance on low grade computer?

cigubiwe

Chieftain
Hello!! I'm sure this has been discussed before in other threads!. but Games starts to get heavy around the rennassaince age! I'm assuming cause plenty going on between multiple Civ's with so many cities!

To be honest, my computer is not the best! It seems to run game just fine, til game gets mid way through i suppose. I don't play a whole game in one sitting, can't imagine anyone does.
Computer? Dell Inspiron 15-3567, Intel Core i3-7100U CPU @2.4GHz with Intel Gfx card at
same speed, 2.4Ghz I think. 64x bit Win 10 and 6GB RAM.
Is there anything I can do to my computer to help improve the game??

The Game? I'm currently on a Large Continents Map. Instead of 10 Civ's, I remvoed 3 Civilizations in the setup, but added some CS' with a total of 7 Civ's and 20 CS. I also removed Sci and Religion Victory Conditions! Speed on Standard.
Among game settings, what creates more data for the game? What can I do to improve the game processing?

Any suggestions appreciated!

By the looks of your specs, anything would help... Whether or not it's a wise investment is a different matter of course.

If I were you I'd consider buying non-integrated GPU at least. That would make the most difference I think.

I mean, it’s a pretty obvious point, but play on a smaller map. My trashy brick can’t handle Large maps beyond Renaissance/Medieval eras, but it copes absolutely fine on Standard and Small.

Putting quick movement on might help, too? And one thing that a friend of mine swears by (but which I have no proof for) is playing in a window rather than full screen.

But yeah: mainly, play on smaller maps. I find it much more enjoyable, anyway, as there’s less competition for the fun stuff (great people, wonders, religion, etc) and more engagement with the map: having less land to settle and fewer Civs to engage with makes me appreciate every last morsel I can settle / fight for.

I usually play on a standard map with 5 or 6 civs... with 10 or 11 City States...
and play on intel core i5 with NVidia Geforce mx250. and it plays quite well... apart from minor lags in Atomic era onwards.
since I am a builder I don't find playing with lots of civs fun... especially when I have to compete for areas, wonders, religion and Great People.

Top Bottom