Inca

They like to spawn in Hills in the communitu script.

Hmm. OK. IMO deer and stone are both excellent. Deer is perhaps the most important resource for tundra and forest games, and Stone provides a production bonus to early wonders which saves a lot of hammers.
Most civs with UI don't like bonus resources. It's not just Inca.

I disagree. As Shoshone I like bonus resources. Yes, they are sometimes in the way but I can usually work around them and still build lots of encampments.
Edit: maybe with Communitas there are bonus resources everywhere, but that seems like a map script issue.

Last edited:
Stone doesn't appear on hills in normal map scripts. Only flat grassland or desert.

The sheep thing is really annoying for Terrace farms though. Maybe you should just be able to put a terrace farm on a tile with sheep.

Sheep amount is already lowered this version. There's added stone though.

Due to the AddExtraBonusesToHillsRegions function, Inca (and other hills region) starts get extra sheep on hills. Maybe that should be toned down. Other civs may have too low food as a result though.

Sheep amount is already lowered this version. There's added stone though.

Due to the AddExtraBonusesToHillsRegions function, Inca (and other hills region) starts get extra sheep on hills. Maybe that should be toned down. Other civs may have too low food as a result though.

Seeing the stone on hills from the latest version for the first time, I'm quite confused tbh. Hills already give tons of hammers, do they need a production bonus? Also, why do hills get extra resources?

Seeing the stone on hills from the latest version for the first time, I'm quite confused tbh. Hills already give tons of hammers, do they need a production bonus? Also, why do hills get extra resources?
Stone exists on hills according to the Civilopedia.

The game adds bonus resources to hills regions because they normally lack food. The function has always been there. Tundra doesn't have this, but has extra deer added instead.

Have you ever seen AI build cities on mountain tiles? I am starting to wonder if AI knows he can do it.

I will be honest, but in most of my games when Inca's appear, they don't seem to be anywhere near mountains, even if there are loads in the game. Should automatically have a mountain range near the capital in my opinion.

I will be honest, but in most of my games when Inca's appear, they don't seem to be anywhere near mountains, even if there are loads in the game. Should automatically have a mountain range near the capital in my opinion.

The problem is that there is no "mountain bias". There is "hill bias", correct me if I'm wrong, but that doesn't guarantee mountains nearby. It is the same problem for the Inuit (snow bias not existing => tundra bias doesn't guarantee snow).

The problem is that there is no "mountain bias". There is "hill bias", correct me if I'm wrong, but that doesn't guarantee mountains nearby. It is the same problem for the Inuit (snow bias not existing => tundra bias doesn't guarantee snow).

You are correct in what you are saying, as I have tried to obtain a mountain start in the past with Inca's, but realised you couldn't except randomly. Should be though, as that is the advantage of Inca UA.

Not sure what you mean by the Inuit, as they are not in game. Is this from a mod.

You are correct in what you are saying, as I have tried to obtain a mountain start in the past with Inca's, but realised you couldn't except randomly. Should be though, as that is the advantage of Inca UA.

Not sure what you mean by the Inuit, as they are not in game. Is this from a mod.

Yup, the Inuit are a civ modmod adapted to vp by pineappledan. Like the Incas, they have a very peculiar starting bias, and thus it has been difficult to make sure that their capital appears where their kit was designed for.

Yup, the Inuit are a civ modmod adapted to vp by pineappledan. Like the Incas, they have a very peculiar starting bias, and thus it has been difficult to make sure that their capital appears where their kit was designed for.

I just asked a question about Inca's not having a mountain starting bias on Communitu_79 thread in mod forums. Similar thing could be asked about Inuit & their snow bias.

I wonder if it would be possible to generate a couple of standalone mountains close to the inca settler.

That would help them better if possible. The problem at the moment isn't the lack of mountains in game, but their close proximity to the Inca's.

Adding mountains probably wouldn't show up on the map correctly, since terrain is placed before civilization start locations are.

Adding mountains probably wouldn't show up on the map correctly, since terrain is placed before civilization start locations are.

I am just interested to know why other civs can be put into terrain that suits them, but Inca's cannot be put near mountains.

But does AI even consider mountain tiles when choosing where to build cities? I have never seen any.

There's another minor issue with Inca that Mountains adjacent to lakes don't count as freshwater tiles to build on, while we're griping about Inca problems.

Top Bottom