Increased City Building Clutter

LostAlgorithm

Chieftain
One of my favorite things about the graphics with Civ 6's cities is the seemingly random clutter buildings that pop up with the City Center and additional districts as they are built.

One of my most disappointing moments with the graphics is when I build a new district and no new little buildings pop up around it.

When these buildings pop up they create a very cohesive look that truly feels like your city is expanding little by little over the centuries. When none or few appear, things start looking a bit disjointed and unconnected.

What I'd LOVE to see is a mod that increases the number of random buildings that pop up as additional clutter with your districts. They help make the city feel more alive and connected and less like just a space on a game board.

I've tried to find where and how this is handled within the code, hoping it'd just be some small variable I could ramp up, but I've had no luck so far. Is this an idea others would be interested in? Has anyone with more coding experience stumbled upon where and how to modify this? Really would love to see something like this made regardless of who makes it.

Appreciate any help / support!

Last edited:
I'd love to see that as well. As far as I've observed, those buildings only pop up in districts that are adjacent to the city center. Would be cool to have them spread out more, perhaps also tied to the city's population and maybe also have a few appear around improvements. I don't know how to do it, however.

You are right that it seems to be only the districts that are adjacent to the City Center that get the little buildings. Even just getting those to pop up on non-City Center adjacent districts would be a cool addition! Unfortunately, I think I've looked through all of the files and haven't yet been able to locate where this adjacency is determined and the buildings either set to pop-up or not. Not the most skilled at this, though, so maybe I'm just overlooking it?

Top Bottom