Increasing envoys from liberated CS?

The game refers to them as "Tokens". The only place I can find that even remotely looks like it might have an effect is in Global Parameters
Code:
<GameInfo>
	<GlobalParameters>
		<Replace Name="INFLUENCE_TOKENS_MINIMUM_FOR_SUZERAIN" Value="3" />
	</GlobalParameters>
</GameInfo>
But if this is how the number you get for liberating is specified it would also throw everything else off related to the number needed as a min for suzerain status if you change it. Everything else seems to be for the number that civics grant and the number for various game modifiers.

It's doing it all by lua. Problem is it will give the extra Envoys to the "local player" rather than the player who actually liberated the city state. The "local player" in a Single Player game will always be the human player.

Possible == yes
Easy == idk

It would require some logic "gymnastics" since the lua hook for CityLiberated doesn't appear to pass argument data for who liberated the city, only that the city was liberated, and who the city was given back to. But I'd have to try to create a test whether this is true or not and might take quite a while to get the proper conditions set-up to verify what actually does get sent as arguments to Events.CityLiberated.

I'll think about it some more but .......

I think this is something you could submit a but report to 2k and it gets added in a future patch.

I don't have that 2k bug report link handy but you can google it i'm sure.

Not the best answer...

I think this is something you could submit a but report to 2k and it gets added in a future patch.

I don't have that 2k bug report link handy but you can google it i'm sure.

Not the best answer...
If you are referring to this post:
It's doing it all by lua. Problem is it will give the extra Envoys to the "local player" rather than the player who actually liberated the city state. The "local player" in a Single Player game will always be the human player.
It is not a Firaxis bug, it is incorrect programming on the part of the mod-maker.

If anyone is interested if you (for instance) increase the required number of envoys required for suzerain status to anything (say 6) you will receive 6 envoys when liberating a city state. This also has the (obvious) side effect of meaning you need 6 envoys to gain suzerain status normally too (in this example).

Top Bottom