Incredible Value

Sid

Observer and Participant
Supporter
I know I'm preaching to the converted, but is there any other game that gets near the value we get for our purchasing dollar? I've been wanting to do this for some time: how many hours have you spent on this game?

Attachments

• CiV value.jpg
    CiV value.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 162
I'm only at 140 hrs - I've got a lot of catching up to do. I agree with the value, at least on the Steam version. I got the original Civ 5 (on sale) + all DLC before G&K and paid less than I would have for the game only at a box store.

Sometimes I play in offline mode, like on flights or waiting for my car at the shop, so I am not sure if my hours played record is completely accurate.

On a tangent, had a flight attendant (and fellow civ player evidently) comment on playing civ while on one of my flights. :goodjob:

I cleared 2,000 hours a while back, but have to admit this is skewed by inactive time (leave the game running while go off to cook dinner, or watch a show with the kids). So I would guess I am actually somewhere in the mid 1K range. That said, compared to most recreation activities, I have probably spent pennies per hour, compared to dollars/hours for a book, or five dollars per hour for a 2 hour movie, or 25 dollars per hour for a theater show.

And even now that I am slowly winding down my game time, I still play around five hours a week trying out mods, or going for achievements (3 left). So I would agree with the OP 100%.

I bet they get their pound of flesh out of you some other way :)

Top Bottom