Industrial Unit Graphics

Fabulous! I'm curious, what is the tracked vehicle that looks like a combination of a howitzer and a supply truck?

Thanks. As Erika says, gun carrier mk 1 with a 6" howitzer loaded in it. They were used at the battle of Cambrais although only as ammo supply vehicles I think.

MKI14.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2020-4-14_20-50-45.png
    upload_2020-4-14_20-50-45.png
    79 bytes · Views: 296
Thanks. I draw from scratch using as close to isometric source pics to copy from as I can find

If you ever were so inclined, I think it would be absolutely fascinating to watch a video of a unit being drawn from start to finish. Kind of like "how it's made"

If you ever were so inclined, I think it would be absolutely fascinating to watch a video of a unit being drawn from start to finish. Kind of like "how it's made"

That would be a very long and dull video :D

What software do you use for your let's plays? I might give it a go...

I used a program called action! Though I think I paid for it. There are some free ones out there, often that leave a watermark, but that might be fine for your purposes.

OK, this post probably demonstrates coronovirus lockdown madness has mushed my brain, but I'm gonna go with it anyway.

This is a compilation I've made of all the British capitol ships of WW1. Why, you ask? Well, the origins of this were conversations with Exile I had years ago about his plan to make a Battle of Jutland scenario. I made a start on the unit art, most of which I lost in successive changes of computer, and sadly Exile's scenario never materialised.

Playing JP's excellent Midway multiplayer scenario put me in mind of this project and how it would work well with his use of fog of war / limited spotting distance and ranged ammo courtesy of the Lua scripts. There were a huge number of ships present at the Battle of Jutland, and things could be rationalised by scaling 1 civ unit = 1 sguadron of battleships, battlecruisers etc. Anyway, pipe dream stuff, but I made the units anyway. One or two of them may find a use somewhere :)

EDIT: tweakery to the Renown and Repulse

EDIT 2 Updated below

Attachments

• fairline WW1 RN Capitol Ships.png
    fairline WW1 RN Capitol Ships.png
    120.4 KB · Views: 501
Last edited:
Building the "scenario part" of Midway was extremely quick. For a scenario like Jutland, Trafalgar, Plattsburgh, Actium, or Leyte Gulf, you could pretty much have everything but the events done in a weekend or so, especially if you aren't particularly bothered by the little details (like labels, etc.)

Midway was also built with Prof. Garfield modular scheme, meaning it would be much easier to take its events and tweak them now that they're there. It has working munitions, reactions, delayed entries of forces, formations, and points.

I guess what I'm getting at is that it wouldn't be "that" hard to see your pipe dream become a reality. Or, at least I think it wouldn't be.

I'm making solid progress on some other scenarios at the moment, but this might be something I could help tackle in the near future.

Thanks. There's a few of the old wrecks still down there I think, too deep to be salvaged when the rest were between the Wars.

Germany never was destined to rule the waves. :)

It was always in emulation and catch-up mode.

"I wanted to build a German Navy that would be like the one in Britain where my mother raised me in my youth,"
-Kaiser Wilhelm II

Top Bottom