Industrial Unit Graphics

I love how the Agincourt looks like something Erika would design but is actually real :D

I'm sure they could have squeezed another turret or two in there :D

I wonder if they ever fired a full broadside of all 14 guns. Probably would have rolled the ship over...

Late 19th c. Joseon Korea new army uniforms. The third set is from a 1884 parade. The flag Gukjang symbol is rotated.

Attachments

• Tanelorn Joseon army late 19thc.png
    Tanelorn Joseon army late 19thc.png
    19.6 KB · Views: 620
Last edited:

1890s Siamese infantry -not conjoined obviously. Thats old timey Thailand btw. The standard is the elephant flag of Siam 1855-1916.
@Patine Yes it is a recolour too. Based on an old cigarette card.

Attachments

• Tanelorn 19th century Siam.png
    Tanelorn 19th century Siam.png
    4.4 KB · Views: 551

Segregated African-American units of WW1.
The 92nd Infantry Division (Colored) "Buffalo Soldiers" 1917-1919 fought in the Meuse Argonne offensive nov. 1918.
The 93rd Infantry Division (Colored) "Blue Helmets" named after their Adrian helmets, 1917-1919 fought with distinction in several actions under French leadership.

Attachments

• Tanelorn US Black Segregated Units WW1.png
    Tanelorn US Black Segregated Units WW1.png
    8.8 KB · Views: 521

The War of the Pacific also known as the Saltpeter War was fought between Chile and a Bolivian–Peruvian alliance from 1879 to 1884 over Chilean claims on coastal Bolivian territory in the resource rich Atacama Desert. The war ended with a Chilean victory, which gained for the country territory both from Peru and Bolivia. Pickelhaube helmets first entered the Chilean inventory as loot from Peru, as Chile was under heavy French influence at the time and even fielded a French volunteer unit, the "Independencia" batallion.

Attachments

• Tanelorn War of the Pacific 1879 1883.png
    Tanelorn War of the Pacific 1879 1883.png
    31.6 KB · Views: 482
Last edited:

Peruvian forces of the War of the Pacific included irregular “morochucos,” the Peruvian name for gauchos, latino cowboys. The Italians living in Lima formed a company of ex-firemen numbering around 200 volunteers, called the Garibaldi Legion in honor of the famous Italian hero (I first thought they were actual Garibaldini, duh). Quechua “Breñeros” mountain Indian guerrillas adopted the distinctive red képi the Peruvian Army of the Center (top three cells). Most fought in defence of their villages using tribal melee weaponry and rarely firearms. Quechua are (broadly) Inca language speakers.

Attachments

• Tanelorn War of the Pacific 1879 1883 Peru.png
    Tanelorn War of the Pacific 1879 1883 Peru.png
    36.7 KB · Views: 470

Peruvian forces of the War of the Pacific included irregular “morochucos,” the Peruvian name for gauchos, latino cowboys. The Italians living in Lima formed a company of ex-firemen numbering around 200 volunteers, called the Garibaldi Legion in honor of the famous Italian hero (I first thought they were actual Garibaldini, duh). Quechua “Breñeros” mountain Indian guerrillas adopted the distinctive red képi the Peruvian Army of the Center (top three cells). Most fought in defence of their villages using tribal melee weaponry and rarely firearms. Quechua are (broadly) Inca language speakers.
Quechua was spoken by the Incas and a lot of their neighbours, both vassals and enemies (and groups who sided with the Spanish against the Incas) - just like Nahuatl was spoken by the Aztecs and a lot of their neighbours, both vassals and enemies (and groups who sided with the Spanish against the Aztecs). :p

Nahuatl and Quechua, along with Maya, Aymara, and Navajo, are the five Indigenous Western Hemisphere languages today with the highest number of speakers.

More Chileans 1st line infantry "Buin" 1879
And, I assume the next Incan sandal is going to drop, soon, and the Bolivians are coming up (who I believe had a different flag at the time, if I'm not mistaken)?

'
South americas bloodiest conflict ever, the war of the triple alliance 1864-1870 Paraguayans.
The Paraguayans incredibly invaded Argentina and Brazil simultaneously, over Uruguayan politics. Paraguay intervened on the side of the conservative pary, opposing Brazil that supported the liberal faction. Argentina later joined on the side of Brazil and Uruguay. The Paraguayans were victorious against the joined forces of Argentina, Brazil and Uruguay (will do) up to 1866 and managed to hold on up to 1870, fighting a vicious guerrila campaign and losing most of their territory and 60 per cent of their population in the proccess.

Attachments

• Tanelorn Paraguay 1864 1870.png
    Tanelorn Paraguay 1864 1870.png
    12.1 KB · Views: 393
Last edited:
'
South americas bloodiest conflict ever, the war of the triple alliance 1864-1870 Paraguayans.
The Paraguayans incredibly invaded Argentina and Brazil simultaneously, over Uruguayan politics. They were victorious against the joined forces of Argentina, Brazil and Uruguay (will do) up to 1866 and managed to hold on up to 1870, losing most of their territory and 60 per cent of their population in the proccess.
I would have thought, by sheer number of deaths, the Spanish Conquest of the Inca Empire would have been the bloodiest war in South America.

I would have thought, by sheer number of deaths, the Spanish Conquest of the Inca Empire would have been the bloodiest war in South America.
You are right, of course. I should have thought of that too.
Anyway, here are the 1864-70 Brazilians

The flag is that of the Brazilian empire 1822-1889. The white ones were summer uniforms, the khaki ones fatigues. The last one is the Zouaves de Bahia. In 1866 all fixed corps units were disbanded and incorporated into regular units.

Attachments

• Tanelorn Brazil 1864 1870.png
    Tanelorn Brazil 1864 1870.png
    31.3 KB · Views: 372
Last edited:

Uruguayan infantry 1865-1870
The Uruguayan army was very small in comparison to those of the other belligerents. As with Spain's Carlist Wars, the struggle was between "liberal" and "conservative" factions and various countries sent troops to assist the liberals, including the French Foreign Legion and Italian volunteers led by Garibaldi. Argentina had experienced a similar struggle and came to the support of the conservatives. Brazil, however, intervened on the side of the liberals, ending the 8-year siege of Montevideo in 1851. The civil war flared up again in 1855, when the conservatives regained control. Argentina and Brazil again intervened on opposing sides. Uruguayan instability, and the further outbreak of civil war in 1864-65, was a major cause in the War of the Triple Alliance.

Attachments

• Tanelorn Uruguay 1864 1870.png
    Tanelorn Uruguay 1864 1870.png
    16.8 KB · Views: 355

Siamese infantry in 1905 and king Rama VI era (1910-1921) uniform. Works for WW1 home service too, with the familiar Thai flag after 1916. The 1918 Thai expeditionary force in the western front mached in French style uniforms under the new Entente style flag in the 1919 Paris victory parade.

Attachments

• Tanelorn 1905 Siam.png
    Tanelorn 1905 Siam.png
    6.2 KB · Views: 289
  • Tanelorn 1918 Siam Western Front.png
    Tanelorn 1918 Siam Western Front.png
    5.1 KB · Views: 288
Last edited:

The Tirailleurs indochinois saw active service in Indochina, China (Boxer Rebellion), Siberia (Allied intervention 1918–19), Syria (1920–21) and Morocco (1925–26), During World War I 40,000 Annamite and Cambodian tirailleurs were sent to France. The majority were employed behind the lines in guard, depot and factory-worker duties. However several battalions fought at Verdun, the Chemin des Dames, and in Champagne. Indochinese troops were also deployed to the Macedonian front and Albania.

Attachments

• Tanelorn WW1 Tirallieurs Indochinois.png
    Tanelorn WW1 Tirallieurs Indochinois.png
    6.1 KB · Views: 240

The Senegalese Tirallieurs in the cholonies wore light khaki unifoms and sandals, as well as a red “chechia” hat and sash. Upon mobilization and deployment to France they adopted the French navy dark blue heavy uniforms (imagesdesoldats.fr shows them with two rows of buttons). Starting in 1915 they switched to the new horizon blues like the rest of the French military. Again in 1917 colonial units started adopting a mustard khaki uniform to quickly redeploy back to Africa. Shown here is a 1917-1918 mix of the two sets. The full khaki set is in the ww2 thread.
Between 1914-1918 161,250 Senegalese tirailleurs were recruited and 134,000 fought in different theatres of operations, in particular in the Dardanelles and on the Western Front. To me the number sounds huge, it might include Tiralleurs from all ethnicities, but it was the great war, after all.

Attachments

• Tanelorn WW1 Tirallieurs Senegalais.png
    Tanelorn WW1 Tirallieurs Senegalais.png
    17.5 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:
Top Bottom