Inflation Rate

ydejin

Warlord
Does anyone know what controls the FFH Inflation Rate? Is it simply a function of empire size? Is there anything I can do to reduce it? I'm currently losing several hundred Gold Pieces (or whatever the FFH monetary unit is) per turn and it's killing my economy.

Inflation is a function of time (aka turns). You can't do anything about the inflation percentage. What you can do is try to reduce your other costs since the inflation percentage is multiplied with them to get the inflation cost.

Inflation is still the same as before: too high. I am at 50% inflation before even T2 units.

Inflation is still the same as before: too high. I am at 50% inflation before even T2 units.

I do not see the relation between the tier of the units and inflation.
Also I do not agree, I had the first T4 units with 55 inflation, and I still do a lot of mistakes, there are MUCH better players out there.

You probably like to have huge empires, if inflation rate is too high for your taste? Perhaps Winter Palace and Forbidden Palace and courthouses help...

Not sure if reducing the difficulty level drops the inflation rate??

You can modify this yourself if you like big-empire games. I don't know what the best way is to do it, but you can do it by game speed (CIV4GameSpeedInfo.xml) or by difficulty level (CIV4HandicapInfo.xml). You could also do it by leader trait, but that enters the realm of unfair advantages (unless you do it for all traits, which is more work than the other methods).

I am happy to inform that in Shadow the inflation is a little bit lower. Turn ~300 and it is ~130 gp, tech development is T3 units but AI are further in the tech tree than me. I would still prefer a lower rate but now it at least is manageable to keep the science bar at 40%.

[huge map, monarch]

I do not see the relation between the tier of the units and inflation.

The tier of unit is directly related to technology advancement which is directly related to turn number which is directly related to inflation......

Also I do not agree, I had the first T4 units with 55 inflation, and I still do a lot of mistakes, there are MUCH better players out there.

wow, you're so k3wl... I'll bow to you then. Of course don't mention the difficulty level, ok ?

You probably like to have huge empires, if inflation rate is too high for your taste? Perhaps Winter Palace and Forbidden Palace and courthouses help...

Thanks for this helpful insight. Do you think 3 cities is a huge empire on a standard map ? I really have to revise some theories then...

Not sure if reducing the difficulty level drops the inflation rate??

Not knowing is a good reason to use somewhat milder arguments next time.

[NWO]_Valis;6280750 said:
I am happy to inform that in Shadow the inflation is a little bit lower. Turn ~300 and it is ~130 gp, tech development is T3 units but AI are further in the tech tree than me. I would still prefer a lower rate but now it at least is manageable to keep the science bar at 40%.

[huge map, monarch]

the relevant number is inflation % not inflation cost, can you post it ? It's possible that inflation was slightly reduced, but it seems still too high from my early tests. But I haven't had time to test thoroughly for now.

It is 183% at turn 472.

What's the current set up for inflation, 100% when "time victory" occurs on Noble, then it scales by difficulty level?

The best way to fight Inflation is to reduce Maintenance, use the cheapest civics (although some of the medium and high costing ones can pay for themselves with their bonuses), and use less units (or civics that give free units).

In my Bannor Order game I had -120% Maintenance in most of my cities so I only paid Maintenance for the newly captured cities and some that hadn't finished the courthouses and that order building. I had a large territory and 8 law mana (-40% from just them)

EDIT:

And a big empire that can handle its Maintenance costs are usually better shaped at handling the inflation since they got more income (usually).
And Merchant focus helps. Having a city with multiple Great Merchants settled, with 6 or so Merchants and the Bazaar of Mammon helps a lot, especially with a holy city. And having RoK temples in most cities help too.

The best way to fight Inflation is to reduce Maintenance, use the cheapest civics (although some of the medium and high costing ones can pay for themselves with their bonuses), and use less units (or civics that give free units).

In my Bannor Order game I had -120% Maintenance in most of my cities so I only paid Maintenance for the newly captured cities and some that hadn't finished the courthouses and that order building. I had a large territory and 8 law mana (-40% from just them)

EDIT:

And a big empire that can handle its Maintenance costs are usually better shaped at handling the inflation since they got more income (usually).
And Merchant focus helps. Having a city with multiple Great Merchants settled, with 6 or so Merchants and the Bazaar of Mammon helps a lot, especially with a holy city. And having RoK temples in most cities help too.

Some civs deal with money better than others - like you said, Civs that favor The Order can reduce maintenance like crazy. Civs like Lanun can pull in the cash like crazy with Foreign trade & the lighthouse (and the new pirate ports, which i've built on every square but hills & specials).

Plus I'm not sure if inflation is balanced to gamespeed.

Top Bottom