Discussion in 'Civ5 - Mod Components' started by robk, Oct 12, 2010.
Thanks. This seems to work.
Infoaddict doesn't seem to work for me.
I've installed according instructions and also used the compatability file for EU1, but when I load the mod and I start a game I don't see anything changing. Infoaddict simply ain't working.
When I meet a leader and I hold my cursor on the leader head it doesn't show what Infoaddict is supposed to show. Like the number of cities etc.
InfoAddict doesn't show the number of cities though.
I think it does. Unless that is EU1.
Anyways, I don't get the infoaddict button either. It's just not the same as before I had to completely remove Civ5.
I had EU1, Infoaddict and NQmod installed. Only difference is NQmod v9 instead of v8, but I doubt this problem comes from the NQ mod.
I have the mod enabled, everything. It just won't work for me. Nothing is coming up. I tried to install it manual and steam workshop, doesn't work. Any help? New to the whole modding civ 5
1) above is "current version v22"
but the link you give is Current Version: v21 (2013-09-08)
2) theren there is for v22 the Info Addict compatibility file for EUI
but what is EUI ???
confusing, pls make it so that all points to the correct download file(s)
3) not working with existing games? only with new set up games? I get runtume error dc11 when I load a sav.
1) The original post links to Steam and to the direct download here. The download page here, the description says v21 but if you download it, inside it does say v22
2) EUI is Enhanced UI, another mod here that makes significant (for the better IMO) changes to the user interface. See here: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/enhanced-user-interface.512263/
3) Historical data wouldn't exist in an existing save, since it saves that as the game proceeds. I don't know if it will work on existing, never tried.
Sorry for asking but I'm trying to find out where (and if) I can find a EUI compatible version where the ctd problem (when restarting, exiting to main menu etc) had been solved.
Can't really find heads and tails in the discussion right now
-- Updated for compatibility with EUI: 15/1/2016
have you tried this already? It adds some Lua hooks.
I haven't since I couldn't find any info on the CTD problem, only that this replacement file should make Info Addict compatible with EUI.
Info addict is known to cause CTD's when restarting maps, exiting to main menu, etc.
That may explain why I get freezes on exit to desktop after quicksaving and other strange quirks. Info addict seems quite busy in Lua logs when I view it. It seems like a resource hog in between turns
It's a bug that's been there for a looooong time AFAIK, but I think someone posted a fix at some point. Thing is I just returned to Civ5 after giving up on Civ6 and I don't remember where I saw it...
I found this way back in the thread for keyword "fix" as a change to the .modinfo which apparently stops CTDs.
Gonna try it out when I have the chance and report back!
I tested and it still shows the IA button on the EUI screen, however I suppose now since it's registered differently, it has greater compatibility. I have leaderheads in config.ini configured as screenshots so I have disabled animation already.
Hi! When I install InfoAddict as a DLC, all its text in game is in English, but I need Russian! What should I do? There is ru_RU-file, and it is active. But there is also CIV5Units_Mongol.xml, that is only in english and replaces whole text... And I don't know, should I delete it or not? Any help, please?
Separate names with a comma.