Information Office: Front Desk

ravensfire

Member of the Opposition
"Thank you for calling Information - how can I help you?"

Welcome to Fanatannia's Information Office. We're here to help fill in the gaps between the various offices and provide you, the Citizens of Fanatannia with more and useful information.

Here, you'll find a series of posts that will be regularly updated with information from the latest save. You can also post requests for more information - we'll either dig up that information, or direct you to the proper office. We're not trying to be rude, just want to make sure that we don't get overloaded.

To keep things organized, two threads have been created for the standard information.

Link to the Single Game Session thread
Link to the Overall Summary thread

Other useful threads:
Turn Chat Summary Thread
Turn Chat Index
Cartography Office

Information Office members (PM me if you're interested in helping out)
Ravensfire
donsig
Double Stack
Sucha Soorma

Outstanding Requests
Dutch and Indian resources
More info from F7 screen

Answered Requests
None

The Information Office is open for business!

Reserved for future use ...

Reserved for past use ...

Hi. I'm new to the demogame and would like to look at the latest save please. Could you tell me where it lives?

Hi mad-bax, the latest save can always be found in the stickied thread in the Main Forum called "Instruction Thread". The link to it is here.

PS: I hope it's ok I did this ravensfire. :)

Information from 3200 BC save has been posted!

-- Ravensfire

Done! (Along with a few other useful threads)

-- Ravensfire

Information has been updated for the 2900 BC save.

-- Ravensfire

I was wondering if it would be possible to include the experience level for units (vet elite etc), whether it has generated a leader and what it has been upgraded from originally.

I wouldn't want the job of doing this myself of course.
Have you seen Dianthus' CivReplay utility suite? If not it might be worth a look.

The Information Office looks like a very difficult job to do manually. Particularly later, and I don't envy you.

I am pretty sure that this utility will work on Conquests saves even if conquests is not installed on the computer, and so it might be useful for others too.

Just 2 cents. :)

I'll freely admit that tracking the units will get to be a bear. Once we get to a certain point, that might be foisted off onto the Commander of Armed Forces, or might get dropped entirely.

Everything else, though, is pretty straightforward. I set the spreadsheet up to mirror the order of the cities, and it's just data entry from that point on. When I was doing this before, I found it a nice opportunity to review the status of each city, and make suggestions to the Governors and other leaders about various cities.

-- Ravensfire

Sorry for the long delay - all information has been updated as of the 1575 BC save.

Also, this will be the last turn that I will produce the Troop Summary page. I will be posting in the Commander of Armed Forces thread for Term 2, asking them to take that over. First, the tracking requirements are massive, and require far more work than I am willing to put into it. Second, it's purely related to CoAF, thus meeting my criteria to hand off to another official. To be honest, its more the former than the latter.

-- Ravensfire

A request from the Culture Consulate:
I would like to request info from the F7 screen. Can you please provide a list of which includes which wonders have been built or are currently being built and by who?

I will use this info to scour the chat logs and determine when construction started and estimate when it may be completed.

Thanks

Ahh, requests, and at such a horrible time for me!

My DSL line is currently borked - with my ISP and Telecom arguing over who's to fix it. Joy. Of course, there's no fix date in site.

If any would be able to research and post the information requested above, I'd appreciate it!

-- Ravensfire

Hi,

I would like to request an addition to the overall summary thread. Could you list which civs we have embassies with, and what the diplo relations among the civs are? The easiest way to do this is to post a screenshot of the diplo screen with all leaderheads selected, and showing war, peace, MA (if at least, in C3C more than 7 rivals can be shown at once).
A second screenie showing trade and potential trade relations would also be useful.

Motivation:diplomacy, trade, and the disruption of trade will become fairly important, especially as wars will probably start soon. Unless I am wrong, people who don't have C3C (like me) cannot obtain this information with mapstat and friends.

Most of this stuff will only be visible with an embassy, so no need to hurry. it can (hopefully :)) wait for your DSL to get fixed.

Thanks!

The external consulates government thread carries this information zyxy

mad-bax said:
The external consulates government thread carries this information zyxy

Sorry, must have missed it...

On second thought, maybe not. The civassist pics in your thread show our relations with the other civs. I would like to see the relations between the AIs as well :)

've got an update!

And it's NOT good news. Apparently, my ISP (valuenet.net) has gone out of business. Now, notifying customers would cause concern, panic and mass chaos, so they just did it quietly. There are some reports that the main guy (this was apparently a 1-2 person shop) did pass away, but I can't confirm it.

I'm in the process of getting a new DSL line, but have no clue when that will happen. I'm currently listening to the most lovely fusion-jazz (complete freakin' garbage, actually) while waiting for an ever-efficient SBC operator to take my order. No, there's no sarcasm there. Really.

I'll keep everyone updated, but you'll not be seeing my updates on the Information Office for a bit longer. My office has blocked the CFC file-server. I've even borrowed a wireless card, and there are NO wireless networks anywhere near me! Oh the humanity!

Once I get back up, I'll post an update (probably the day after - the villians in Paragon City grow more aggressive each day I'm not there to stop them!)

Currently hating my net-less life ...

-- Ravensfire

Top Bottom