Informational: what game do we want to play?

What game are we trying to play

• Civ! We are a democracy for the purpose of playing civ

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • Democracy! Civ is just the vehicle for us to play at politics

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters

DaveShack

Inventor
Retired Moderator
There has been a lot of discussion (no, flat out fighting) about rules, and many people have said they are getting tired of it and want to return to the actual game.

It appears we have a loss of identity. Is a demogame a democracy for the purpose of playing Civ, or a Civ game for the purpose of playing at democracy?

What kind of game do you want to play?

This poll is informational in nature, and will remain open indefinitely.

As I said in a previous demogame, "if you want this to be a political game, then go join the Game of Diplomacy. :p".

"Demo*game*. It's a game. Fun and all that. Play nice." - Danke

Both! <-- Forgot an option there!

The fun in this game is the interaction of people and their ideas. That alone means "politics". Add a ruleset to that interaction, and you have another dimension of politics.

If you want to just play Civ, play a game yourself!

-- Ravensfire

Originally posted by Chieftess
As I said in a previous demogame, "if you want this to be a political game, then go join the Game of Diplomacy. :p".

"Demo*game*. It's a game. Fun and all that. Play nice." - Danke

I would second that statement

Like ravensfire said, if you don't want to play in a Democracy, go play with yerself. ;)

As the title to the forums says, this is a "Game of Democracy".

Sure, this is a game, but it would merely be a succession game if we were not allowed to debate one another about how the game of Civ should be forwarded, as well as how we should uphold the laws under which we play this game.

What goes on here is not much different from what happens in Congresses, Parliaments and all other representative governments across the world. People try to lobby for what they think is right, others disagree, and spirited debate ensues. If we take this aspect away, we may as well close this whole forum down, join hands, and sing "Kumbaya" with all the free time we would be suddenly blessed with.

I will end with a twist on a phrase that CT likes to pull out when certain debates reach a boiling point:

This, my friends, is Democracy. Complicated and all that. Are you game? - DZ ;)

I never said we weren't allowed to debate. It's just that every game, we change the laws end over end. I think some people are just tired of that and just click yes on the polls.

Top Bottom