Ingame Editor

The files are actually stored in archives (the .fpk files under the "Resources" directory) and civ5 uses the path you see to locate them in the archives. So it's normal that you don't see any file with that path on your hard drive. Now as to why something fails on your machine, I can't tell. I bet on a drivers' issue that makes the dds file decoding fail. It may be another mod incorrectly replacing some of the civ5 graphics with its own. Etcetera. Unfortunately, I can't know exactly why on your own computer it fails, just give you my guess: drivers.

If I disable the mod it work just fine, and there isn't any error according to steam. I deleted the cache, and the errors I get is:

Unable to load texture
[assets\UI\Art\Notihication\NotificationIconsFreeSocialPolicy.dds]

there is 6 of them and all of them is in the Notihication folder, but in the game install dir I only have advisorbuttons.psd, is the files suppose to be there or in a other folder?

This is clearly a typo - on whose end I don't know but a typo in the code would cause problems obviously. (Just thought I'd point that out in case it's causing the issue.:))

This is clearly a typo - on whose end I don't know but a typo in the code would cause problems obviously. (Just thought I'd point that out in case it's causing the issue.:))
It's not in the code, I can tell. Besides it would fail on every computer, mine included. ;)

Well I did type it when I had to alt+tab from the game, so there might be a typo. But I have the latest drivers and I have a GTX 670.

Hello all this is my first post...being the first time I played Civs on a PC I was overwhelmed by this whole modding thing...a lot of problems, issues and crashing...I must admit though the IGE is the best mod i have come across.. i was thrilled with how fast the update was made to G&K..I have no crashes so far even from before the G&K add.. the faith add solved the religious figures issue, and its working great..

The thing i have found out with modding even with SimCity 4 is that most errors come from improper installations with the failure to read all of the directions before installing them. Then after that i would say mod conflicts. Such as trying to use an old mod that is not compatible with a new version of a game, not deleting old versions of new mods, and using different mods at the same time to perform a similar task.

After subscribing, it downloaded v. 24...should I be downloading v. 25? And if so, from where?

Thanks for the wonderful mod!

I have beaten the game with every civ on diety...but i tried to beat the game on ludicrous and I quickly found out needed help...Thanks Don for IGE. Your the bestes..LOL

@benjdm
I suggest you rather stick with the steam versions. The versions I post here only are betas and, while often mature, they are targeted at users involved or concerned with the IGE development (the ones who test, report, give me feedback, provide suggestions and critics, etc).

Regarding the first page, it's the first time it's not in sync with Steam. It's because v23 and v24 have been developed in a rush those last days, trying to make IGE compatible with G&K, and they are more betas I had to make public. v25 will be more mature and will bring things back to normal, and it will be released on all supports, probably today or tomorrow.

@Thrizz
Thanks for the cheers. ;)
And I confirm: whether it is here, in Elder Scrolls, or Sim City, mod conflicts are always a pain and the main cause of issues. Although, for IGE, things are kinda different since it could be, and was, developed in a way that would prevent conflict. As a result, the only possible conflicts are when one mod set up incorrect data and I failed to protect IGE against those kind of errors.

Hi everyone,

Okay - I'm going to ask my stupid noob question now. For some reason, I cannot get this mod to work on my computer and I'm trying to figure out if it's because I'm just not understanding how to use the mod, or something dumb like I can't find the button or something. But I've been trying for like three hours now so I suppose that now is the time to ask for help.

I just went through all the steps to allow mods on my Mac after installing G&K and I am using v25.2 of IGE. I also tried enabling IGE while disabling the G&K pack...still no dice. My computer says its enabled but I can't find the button to edit.

I have the feeling the fix is easy, so I figure I should ask. :)

Hello Synares.

For a Windows version I would yell "DO NOT CLICK BACK" but, for a mac version, unfortunately, I don't know what to say, I never used one myself. Maybe you would be more lucky if you were asking on the mac faq, or another mac section/thread on the forum. This is a general mods problem, not an IGE-specific one.

PS: You did see the warning on Steam about when you also enabled some total conversion mod and no mods are launched?

Nevermind: I'm an idiot. I didn't realize you had to click to enable the mod. It's the only one I have installed so I just thought I could select it and click next. Works like a charm, thanks DonQuiche.

Hey Synares,

Just wanted to let you know I have the same issue (on Mac). Not sure what the deal is yet, but I can get the mods button to show, I can click (and start a game) with IGE, but don't see the IGE menu appear in-game.

So you're not crazy. If I find a solution I'll drop it here. I know some of the people on the Mac forum are also trying to figure out all of the Mac mod-related changes for the G&K expansion.

=Ryan

It's because Firaxis felt like they were spoiled by Steve Jobs when he took their whole idea of using the world "revolution" for cool names and marketing. Since then they swore that playing civ5 on macs would be like a masochistic session and the OSX version was given the codename "dominatrix". No, it was not related to Catherine II. What? Yeah, of course it is a true story.

More seriously, they broke it again? Oh my...

Which is the latest version? I downloaded a version 24 off of Steam, but then the latest one from the TS (DonQuiche) seems to be Version 22?

Will you upload the update here son? I keep getting a error when I try to get it from steam, but I always had the problem. I think something is blocking to connection to steam workshop, I get the same error on Skyrim.

Any way to add Culture or Faith (if not, will this be added to future updates)?

Many thanks! This is an indispensable tool.

First off all this tool is awesome, thx a lot! :goodjob:

When i add a Uran ressource in a hex i miss the adjust for the number of the ressource as iron, coal, etc.
Is this WAD or a (mini) bug?

Top Bottom