Ingame Editor

The other thing to keep in mind is that Civ5 caches certain data, and often the problem is that an issue in a game seems to persist to other games (saves or new starts). Often clearing the cache folder will cure this sort of issue because doing so erases the cached data. Clearing cache is not a fixall to everything, however, but it can often eliminate these wierd concantenative effects.

I have that kind of issue. When I load the game this happens
Can someone help? Please!!!

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 606
Civ5 bugs that cannot be fixed
Do not be afraid by that list, IGE is perfectly fine for the vast majority of users. It's just it could be better without those bugs.
  • On some computers the game crashes when selecting another player or taking seat. A "safe mode" (right-click the *IGE* label) is available as a workaround at the expense of a couple of features. Taking seat will still crash.
  • The terrain graphics are not updated after some changes, you need to save and reload.
  • "Glance at map" feature: some yield icons are not updated on tiles you shouldn't be able to see.
  • "Glance at map" feature: the minimap's fog is not restored after you close IGE.
  • No message on the city screen for the "we love the king" days triggered through IGE.

I realize this thread is OLD, but I was wondering if what I'm seeing is already known or just me (Windows 10, DirectX 10/11, Brave New World DLC, Continents, Huge Map):
If I start a new game and activate IGE, then change to a different leader in the top right of the IGE screen, I lose the ability to view the whole map without triggering all the contacts. The icons for "Glance at map" and "Bring camera home" disappear, even if I save the game and then re-start it.
The goal was to relocate all the AI players (but not the city/states) onto their own continent so they could have fun with overcrowding. I used the Glance at Map feature to find out which leaders were on this continent and move them to the other one. My steps were as follows:
  1. Open IGE
  2. Enable View Map using the Glance at Map icon
  3. Find an AI Settler/Warrior combo on this continent
  4. Change my selected leader to the one for that settler/warrior combo
  5. Find a spot on the other continent
  6. Place a new settler/warrior combo
  7. Go back to the original settler/warrior combo and delete them
  8. Go back to my original leader and rinse, repeat as necessary.
Step 8 never works. I can select the original leader in IGE, but the focus never shifts back there. I'm stuck at the one I moved. If I COMPLETELY exit the game back to the desktop then restart the game, I can change back to the original leader and the Glance at Map/Bring camera home icons reappear.

Last edited:

Overview
This mod provides an in-game editor for Civ5 to change the map on the fly or to serve as a cheating tool. It was inspired by the built-in Civ4 in-game world builder.
The license is GPL v3.

Notes and features
  • Edit a hex or paint the map: You can either paint the map (left click for 1 tile at once, right click for 7 tiles at once) or select a hex and edit it. The screenshot above illustrates the tile selection (in red).
  • Build the world: Change terrain, feature, natural wonder, resource, improvements, routes, rivers, ownership, continent arts.
  • Units: Add new units or remove them, give your new units up to nine promotions.
  • Cities: Customize the cities as you want: increase population, change buildings, change religions, etc.
  • Civilizations: Change a leader's gold, faith, culture,give free techs or policies, edit relationships to seed wars or achieve a global peace, etc.
  • Technologies: Grant or remove technologies, grant a tech and all of its prerequisites at once, grant a whole era at once.
  • Social policies: Lock or unlock branches (even the ones you're not supposed to have at the same time) and grant/remove any social policy.
  • Tool tips: The detailed tool tips are here to help you better learn the game by remembering how far an element can be improved.
  • Respect the constrains... or not: Elements that should not be possible in the standard game (fishes on a hill for example) are grayed to help you design a natural map. But you're free to ignore those restrictions if you want.
  • Not tied to savegames: You can save and reload your game without IGE if you want, or use IGE with a game that has been started without it.
  • Gentle with your game: IGE itself is not lightweight. However, when IGE is closed, it absolutely does not interfere with your game, it does not consume a single CPU cycle and it has a negligible memory consumption. It just keeps its bits shut and let you enjoy full performances.

Localizations/translations
  • Most of the UI relies on the localized strings provided by Civ5 (for units' names, etc) and therefore most of the UI will be in your client's language even if IGE does not specifically support it.
  • Besides of that, IGE comes with complete localizations in English, French, Chinese, German, Spanish, Italian, Russian and Japanese.
  • The displayed screenshots come from an old version of IGE on a French client, before the French localization was introduced. Nowadays, everything would be in French.
  • I welcome all translations, it's easy and fast to do. Here is the guide: writing a translation.

Compatibility
  • Can be used with or without Gods and Kings and/or Brave new world. With or without DLC.
  • Should be compatible with any other mod: does not modify any of the original files and supports mods that declare new resources, features, policies, techs, etc.
  • Macs: compatible with the Steam and AppStore versions, see installing mods on mac.

Civ5 bugs that cannot be fixed
Do not be afraid by that list, IGE is perfectly fine for the vast majority of users. It's just it could be better without those bugs.
  • On some computers the game crashes when selecting another player or taking seat. A "safe mode" (right-click the *IGE* label) is available as a workaround at the expense of a couple of features. Taking seat will still crash.
  • The terrain graphics are not updated after some changes, you need to save and reload.
  • "Glance at map" feature: some yield icons are not updated on tiles you shouldn't be able to see.
  • "Glance at map" feature: the minimap's fog is not restored after you close IGE.
  • No message on the city screen for the "we love the king" days triggered through IGE.

Frequently requested features that won't be done.
Remember that mods can only modify civ5 through the API provided to modder by Firaxis.
  • A shrinkable UI: no! Civ5 is no Windows or iOS and its UI systems are therefore pretty basic. Modifying the UI to automatically adjust its size to your screen would require a lot of work.
  • Espionage: there is no API to cheat with it.
  • Religions: there is no API to modify existing religions (aside of founding them, and adding two beliefs once).
  • Archeology: there is not API to properly create sites, great works, or boost tourism.
  • Units' religions: there is no API to change the religion of a unit, hence the dirty trick used to spawn religious units.
  • Diplomacy: there is no API to directly modify a civ's attitude towards. A mod could achieve a similar behavior through GameEvents but it would be incompatible with some scenarios and tied to savegames.

Common problems and workarounds
  • I can't see the IGE label (1) It was not loaded: DO NOT CLICK "BACK"!
  • I can't see the IGE label (2) Sometimes civ5 loads no mods if one of the selected mods couldn't be loaded (for example a total conversion mod was enabled but you try to reload a savegame created without it).
  • I can't see the IGE label (3) Disable mods that have been removed from Steam, such as Hulfgar's postmodern expansion. Look for them on the web or CivFanatics and install them manually.
  • Missing NotificationIconsFreeSocialPolicy.dds. You do use an outdated (and probably cracked) version of the game.
  • Steam installation fails. See how to repair Steam install.
  • Changing the position of the IGE label. You can easily customize it, see how to change the position.. It is simple and takes less than one minute.

Installation and launch
Notes below are for PC only. Mac users should look at the FAQ for Civ5 on the Mac.
  • Unzip the archive in "My Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 5/Mods". You should have, among others, a file such as "My Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 5/Mods/Ingame Editor (v10)/Ingame Editor (v10).modinfo"
  • Delete older versions if any and flush the cache (delete all files in "My Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 5/Cache").
  • Start or restart Civilization 5.
  • Enable the mod. Click "mods", then "browse mods" and check it.
  • Start or load a game from the mods menu. From "browse mods", click "next" at the bottom right, check that IGE is listed, click "single player" (on top). Start a new game or load an old one.
  • Click :c5capital:IGE:c5capital: on the top right corner, near the current year and turn labels.

Credits
  • Special thanks to ねこちゃん for the localizability effort and the Chinese translation.
  • Al Qamar for the German translation.
  • Emerald Viper for the Spanish translation.
  • Error404 for the Italian translation.
  • Zodiak69 for the Russian translation.
  • CJ_GOROH for the Japanese translation.
  • CivFanatics and you, people, lurking there, testing, providing feedback, suggestions or critics. IGE owes you a lot. :)

Willing to contribute?
You can either post your contributions here or use our Sourceforge (IGE) page (SVN), as you prefer. If you want commit rights on SF, just let me know your username and I will register you.

Download sources
  • The CivFanatics database
  • The attached files at the bottom of this thread (one file per version, you only need the most recent).
  • The Steam workshop for Civ5 (category: other).
Hello, I received this message after trying to use your mod today.

"IGE couln't start, probably because of another mod.

Please report it on steam or Civfantics with the error below and the mod name so that I can fix it quickly.

line C:\Users\(computername)\documents\My Games\Sid meier's Civilization 5\MODS\170c8ed1-b516-4fe2-b571-befeac39d220 (v 39)\IGE_Utils.lua: bad arguement #2 to 'ConvertTextKey' (Arguement must be .)"

what do I do? How do I fix this?

Please contact me as soon as possible.

Looks like some other mod maker did not use proper TXT_KEY methods and directly wrote the text into the database item rather than using the Language Localization system.

DonQuiche (the author of IGE) has been retired from Civ5 modding for longer than I have been active in the community. He won't be contacting you nor responding to this thread.

I have never experienced a failure of IGE (v39) to run properly or to load that was not entirely due to some other, incorrectly formed, mod.

IGE: Since a few weeks I "can't" change the Map, because if a change it I can't load saved game (also autosave). Even if the IGE is the only MOD! I see after some seconds "(no response)". Waiting does not help. I tested it - even if I wait 1/4h it can't load the game. Reinstallation also was no solution. Any idea?

Just got an error popup that I didn't get before:
Assets\DLC\Expansion2\UI\InGame\InfoTooltipInclude.lua:278: bad argument #2 to '?' (Key must be of type 'number' or 'string'.)
I have installed new mods since last opening it (don't remember which, sorry) so it seems likely to come from one of them, but the path here doesn't seem to give me any clue

Hello, I get always Loading texture bugs :(

I did complete reinstalled CIV5 and also reinstalled the mods, I deleted my "My Games/Civ 5" folder also to make sure its all cleaned up.
But that didn't helped.
I did create one custom game with a similar big Map setup without any mods and used the debug panel to reveal the map and no city Names had any issues.
I do not have any Community patch that could cause a bug.
So this solution: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/community-patch-how-to-install.528034/page-160#post-15710722
Does not help me, in my C:/Programmsx86 is no Steam, its all in my E:/ drive.

So can someone help me, how I can solve it? I have a very good PC and played CIV5 already with a friends account (he got all DLCS) and could use IGE without problems, I got CIV5 now free from someone, but without DLCS.
Is IGE maybe only compatible with DLCs, even if the mod page doesnn't say it? I install it via the Workshop. The files from my friend accoount are all deleted, with my fresh reinstall.

Faith, prophets, faith giving CSes all came with Gods & Kings, so if you only have the base Civ V you will get those messages as you don't have any of the required assets. A lot of mods assume you have CivV + G&K + BNW, as they were updated as the expansions came out. The initial post may say CivV, but buried somewhere in the hundreds of following posts will be the "now requires G&K" and "now requires BNW" posts

Faith, prophets, faith giving CSes all came with Gods & Kings, so if you only have the base Civ V you will get those messages as you don't have any of the required assets. A lot of mods assume you have CivV + G&K + BNW, as they were updated as the expansions came out. The initial post may say CivV, but buried somewhere in the hundreds of following posts will be the "now requires G&K" and "now requires BNW" posts
Yeah I saw that at some mods...
some are so kind and show this:

but IGE says:
"
COMPATIBILITY:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Can be used with or without the "Gods and Kings" and/or "Brave new world" expansion. With or without any DLC."

and I have without any dlc, because I got CiV5 as basegame free :( I bought Civ6 with all DLC, but without the IGE is Civ6 not that much fun^^...
I love to play "god" :p

but other mods say nothing from Steamside, but in the info:

----
So in short, I need to get the dlc's to enjoy IGE... :/

Hi, I registered on this forum just to thank creator of this mod, as you saved my game. I played very long game on huge map + marathon speed + 22 civilizations without city-state, it's turn 1083, but everytime on clicking next turn I got 100% crash during one of AI's turn. I googled and googled how to solve this. I tried everything: declaring war, doing different things, loading old autosave and doing something different there. Nothing helped. I spent 2 days trying to solve this. I even gave up and started a new game, where I was bored after ~10 turns, because previous game was so good and interesting. Then after googling more, I found a post where one guy advises to download this mod (Ingame Editor) and simply kill that AI player (or kill some of his units/cities) and then it should fix this. And yes! Now I can bypass that dreaded turn 1084 without crash! I simply destroyed that stupid bugged AI played who caused the crash and now everything is alright!

So to everyone: if you play very long game and then it crashes on the same turn no matter what you do - simply install this mod and murder that idiot AI player who bugs your game!

Hi, I registered on this forum just to thank creator of this mod, as you saved my game. I played very long game on huge map + marathon speed + 22 civilizations without city-state, it's turn 1083, but everytime on clicking next turn I got 100% crash during one of AI's turn. I googled and googled how to solve this. I tried everything: declaring war, doing different things, loading old autosave and doing something different there. Nothing helped. I spent 2 days trying to solve this. I even gave up and started a new game, where I was bored after ~10 turns, because previous game was so good and interesting. Then after googling more, I found a post where one guy advises to download this mod (Ingame Editor) and simply kill that AI player (or kill some of his units/cities) and then it should fix this. And yes! Now I can bypass that dreaded turn 1084 without crash! I simply destroyed that stupid bugged AI played who caused the crash and now everything is alright!

So to everyone: if you play very long game and then it crashes on the same turn no matter what you do - simply install this mod and murder that idiot AI player who bugs your game!
Make sure you play just one more round, but only ONE more! m'kay?

I'm using additional mods with Ingame Editor, which add improvements to the the Improvements Panel; this pushes the routes list ("None", "Road", "Railroad") off the bottom of the panel. If I wanted to add a vertical scrollbar to the Window, what would I have to edit?

IGE throws a lot of "icon not found" errors in the lua log which can be a bit bothersome when troubleshooting other mods. This is a butchered IGE version without icons in the IGE window to prevent those errors. Top Panel IGE icon is also hidden, need to use the shortcut CTRL + I with this one. Hope it's fine with the author, if not I'll remove it.

Attachments

• ingame editor (v 39).zip
    546 KB · Views: 89
IGE throws a lot of "icon not found" errors in the lua log which can be a bit bothersome when troubleshooting other mods. This is a butchered IGE version without icons in the IGE window to prevent those errors. Top Panel IGE icon is also hidden, need to use the shortcut CTRL + I with this one. Hope it's fine with the author, if not I'll remove it.

Excellent. I had just been looking at getting a version or somehow moving that big *IGE* icon cause no matter where it is on the panel it always seemed to be in the way or cover something up since it apparently took precedent on the toolbar and overlapped something.

This editor works like the "world builder" from Civ4 ? Working with "world builder" from Civ4 was super easy. Is this just the same?

I want to spawn units or edit units, terrains, cities and etc easily. Thanks.

This editor works like the "world builder" from Civ4 ? Working with "world builder" from Civ4 was super easy. Is this just the same?

I want to spawn units or edit units, terrains, cities and etc easily. Thanks.
I don't remember the world builder from CIV4 now. But you can do all the things that you mention you want to do with the IGE -- spawn units, move units, promote units, heal units, teleport them to other tiles, add and remove buildings to cities, change terrain, spawn/remove resources etc etc.

Top Bottom