Inquisition - How to start

solops

Warlord
I cannot recruit inquisitors. I have a state religion - Yoruba. I have it present in all my cities. I have built all the religious "buildings". I had an inquisition about 1000 years ago and now I want another, but I cannot recruit inquisitors anywhere. I have the Inquisitorial civic activated. The pedia says I need the intolerant civic, but I cannot find any such beast. What is wrong?

I introduced some on/off switches for inquisitor activation into complex traits as well - it's not just down to one civic choice anymore. One might need to look at your game to see what's giving you/taking away access to account for if you SHOULD have them and if you should and don't maybe there's a bug.

Wow. Its a pretty major deal to commit to a multi-turn revolution to get inquisitors and then not get them, or know if you are going to get them. Thanks for the reply. Interesting. Makes inquisitions not worth the risk/cost. Won't be role-playing with religion now :)

There are notes on the civics and traits that give a cause to have or not have inquisitors so it should be fairly visible if you should. If you have more that say you should than those that say you shouldn't, you should. Of course, they do have their own tech and other prereqs.

I think the "Egalitarian" may be the problem. I hope so.

If you have more that say you should than those that say you shouldn't, you should.
EH???
I thought once you catch a "nope" switch, it switches it bye-bye, period, regardless of what else you have.
So the switches cancel each other as well, wow.
Are you sure about it, cause that's a FUN FACT to know?
And I won't be able to play-test it for quite a while.

EH???
I thought once you catch a "nope" switch, it switches it bye-bye, period, regardless of what else you have.
So the switches cancel each other as well, wow.
Are you sure about it, cause that's a FUN FACT to know?
And I won't be able to play-test it for quite a while.
In a super simple on/off switch situation, there's only one switch in the game and thus it's either yes or no. As soon as you introduce more there's a way to make it more of a tally of causes and if there's more causes than causes against THEN it's a go/on situation. Inquisitors was moved over to this kind of scenario a while back. It plays in rather well with Religious Disabling, which has some 3 status settings regarding religious inclusion, including the most severe which enables Inquisitors, and it's opposing most severe that makes all religious buildings function at once, that have numerous trait and civic switch points - mostly if you're also using Complex Traits and Developing Leaders.

Top Bottom