Insane barbarians

apenpaap

Tsar of all the Internets
I was just playing the game as the Borg on a huge map, marathon speed. I was some 100 turns into the game when I suddenly got messages telling me the Klingons, Romulans and Devore had been defeated. :confused:
In the next 20 turns, I got more messages saying civs were defeated, and the rivals i needed to kill for a conquest victory went down to one.
Then, the cause of all that appeared near my second city: a 20 strength barbarian called "Alien Ship"
The thing captured my second city, and I just started spamming light II's in my capital, waiting for it to kill me, but for some reason it decided to keep sittingt around in my 2nd city. another 50 turns ahead, I got a message saying the Kazons were defeated and that I'd won a conquest victory.

WTF

I was planning on a conquest victory, but I prefer killing them myself... Has anyone else had this problem?

Get the patch... it decreases the Alien ship strength from 20 (that ship was originally used only in a random event and the most you could possibly see would be 2 on a map... when random events got scrapped I put it in with the barbs and forgot to lower the strength) to 7. It also lowers the strength increases. It's still a little strong (will be lower still in 1.0) but it's much better.

Top Bottom