Insane Civ IV System Requirements announced

I *have* a PC, and Civ4 won't work on it! (laptop with unsupported integrated graphics card) fingers crossed that it works on my 1.5ghz powerbook. Probably will, but not fast or with all the features.

The next new computer in my household likely will be a macbook, but for my girlfriend, not for me. :( I'll make sure it gets plenty of RAM though, just in case Civ somehow accidentally gets installed on that computer.

vilemerchant said:
That's not a PC, that's a word processor. If you want to play games on that try sol.exe :p

I'm assuming that's an, um, graphically relaxed game? I think Angband (Rogue knockoff) was more my speed in college...

Actually my comptuer wasn't a totally dinosaur- it was only about 1.5 yrs old when Civ4 came out. It was speedy enough to run almost all of my molecular genetic analyses for my dissertation, and an occasional game of Rise of Nations or Diablo...

I got Civ 4 yesterday and it seems to run decently on an under-specced machine. Had a few problems with sounds and some of the cg's but that may just be the way I got Civ 4 or the fact that Final cut pro stole all my hard drive space. I'm running a Mac g5 1.6GHz 1.25 GB ram GeForce FX 5200 64 MB. My suggestion, acquire a copy (whatever way you can), test it out and if you aren't too picky keep it

Top Bottom