1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Installing Civ Gold 4.0 for BTS

Discussion in 'Civ4 - CIV Gold' started by Monitor646, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Monitor646

Monitor646 Chieftain

Ok, I am sorry if this is in the wrong catagory, and if I am a completle idiot. Can someone please give me a clear, easy to understand text tutorial on this? I use the .exe and nothing shows up. I drag and drop the folder and I get the proper menu but non of the civs or units and when i meet new civs in game it says things like LEADER_DEL - so one so forth... Plus upon loading into a game I get a string of error messages.

2. Ginger_Ale

Ginger_Ale Lurker Retired Moderator

3. Wyz_sub10

Wyz_sub10 CIV Gold - Project Lead

When you double-click the EXE, it attempts to install the mod automatically to the default CIV IV location. If you changed the default location, it won't install the files correctly.

After double-clicking the EXE, you'll see a dialogue box with an install path. If you didn't change the location when you installed CIV IV, don't change the path that appears.

4. Monitor646

Monitor646 Chieftain

Ok, I did this. I can get to the CIV Gold menu, but even if I deal with the caching issues (tweaking the config files), I get the same old civs, nothing new.

5. Fierabras

Fierabras Chieftain

It seems like you did everything right. The only thing that is missing is an official Firaxis patch. As you have just joined CFC, I assume you also have just installed BTS. The CIV Gold mod needs at least BTS 3.13 to run "out-of-the-box".

Start BTS and from the main menu go to Advanced -> Check for Updates and download the latest patch 3.17.

6. Glenster

Glenster Chieftain

Okay, so i executed the mod and it doesn't show up. so i created the folder CIV Gold and executed in there. the mod shows up in game and when i try to play earth 1862, which needs the mod, the game loads saying i have been defeated.

7. Wyz_sub10

Wyz_sub10 CIV Gold - Project Lead

Don't create a folder. The install does it automatically, so you'll end up with an extra "layer" that will cause problems.

Just double-click the exe and choose the folder for BtS/Mods.

Afterwards, make sure modular loading = 1 in the BtS _Civ4.ini file.

8. nadmanganian

nadmanganian Chieftain

Hi,

so another complete idiot here:)

The Game is installed here:

F:\civ4\Beyond the Sword

The Mod I install here:

F:\civ4\Beyond the Sword\Mods

After running the game nothing happens.

Could I ask for any help?

PS. Just to mention - modular loading IS 1 and CIV Gold folder is NOT repeated:)