1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Installing Religion and Revolution Extended

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Mods and Files' started by rob_robinson398, Aug 17, 2016.

1. rob_robinson398

rob_robinson398 Chieftain

This has probably been posted before somewhere so forgive the duplicate thread. I can download the file and open it but then I am completely newbe loast. A step by step would help.

Thanks

2. M07

M07 Chieftain

Hello rob_robinson398,
    This tutorial is for Civ 4 Beyond the sword, but it is pretty close to the Colonization game.
    Only difference, you will see in the video they say to go to the folder "Beyond the sword", you will not have it but you don't care.
    In the "Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization" folder, you should have a "Mods" folder, if you don't have it, just create it and put the mod inside.

Link to video.

3. rob_robinson398

thanks it worked

4. M07

M07 Chieftain

You are welcome. Have a good game ;)

5. Ariete

Ariete Chieftain

excuse me, could i use the same installatin of colonization for several mods? i mean, since mods became huge, i though maybe it would need more copies of the game, each dedicated to own mod, maybe better stability. but maybe i wrong due to the efficent system of refresh the game has at each session, everytime load a mod, and reset all once get out of the game.
    in other games is suggested, here the reason of my question. thank you.

6. M07

M07 Chieftain

Hello Ariete,

You don't need to have one installation by mod.
    When the game load a mod, all files in the mod will subsitute all files in the original folder. But is virtually done, you will always have the original files in the "Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization" folder.
    In my Mods folder, I have different version of DoaNE as you can see :

Tips : To load a mod directly you can follow the tutorial of Dendroid. See below :

7. Ariete

Ariete Chieftain

ah thank you, very usefull notion then

(thought the game resets itself each time for each thing it changes, but i asked equally :D ). thank you M07

8. rob_robinson398

receiving an xml error any help will be appreciated as I cant play the game

9. M07

M07 Chieftain

I suppose this mod is currently buggy.
    Have you already tried other mods to see if they are working or not?

10. rob_robinson398

I can play Religion_and_Revolution just fine. I might be installing RaRE wrong. Do I install each succeeding assest into RAR first. Any Help om installing is appreciated.

11. M07

M07 Chieftain

I guess RaRE folder is bigger than RAR. In this case, RaRE should be self-sufficient.
    I can suggest you to have a try with Dawn of a New Era v5.10 you should not have XML error :)