Installing Religion and Revolution Extended

rob_robinson398

Chieftain
This has probably been posted before somewhere so forgive the duplicate thread. I can download the file and open it but then I am completely newbe loast. A step by step would help.

Thanks

Hello rob_robinson398,
This tutorial is for Civ 4 Beyond the sword, but it is pretty close to the Colonization game.
Only difference, you will see in the video they say to go to the folder "Beyond the sword", you will not have it but you don't care.
In the "Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization" folder, you should have a "Mods" folder, if you don't have it, just create it and put the mod inside.

Link to video.

excuse me, could i use the same installatin of colonization for several mods? i mean, since mods became huge, i though maybe it would need more copies of the game, each dedicated to own mod, maybe better stability. but maybe i wrong due to the efficent system of refresh the game has at each session, everytime load a mod, and reset all once get out of the game.
in other games is suggested, here the reason of my question. thank you.

Hello Ariete,

You don't need to have one installation by mod.
When the game load a mod, all files in the mod will subsitute all files in the original folder. But is virtually done, you will always have the original files in the "Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization" folder.
In my Mods folder, I have different version of DoaNE as you can see :

Tips : To load a mod directly you can follow the tutorial of Dendroid. See below :
Hi,

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before (- sorry if it has), but there is a nice way to make mods load directly without having to start the standard game and then going to the advanced option and then starting a mod which then restarts the game.

To start your favourite mod from the desktop, right-click on your Colonization shortcut and select properties. Then modify Target by adding a spacebar and then mod=\YourModName and Start in by adding \Mods. You can also create a new shortcut or copy your colonization shortcut in order to use different alternative starts.

For example. Let's say you have installed Colonization on D: using the default installation path. You have downloaded and extracted PatchMod into your Mods directory and you want it to start up immediately when running your shortcut.

Then your "Target" and your "Start in" in your shortcut should read:
Target: "D:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization\Colonization.exe" mod=\PatchMod

Start in: "D:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization\Mods"

This solution will eliminate extra waiting to get your mod to start. :)

Credit: This idea was borrowed from Civ4 FFH2, which is a great mod for Civ4 by the way.

ah thank you, very usefull notion then

(thought the game resets itself each time for each thing it changes, but i asked equally :D ). thank you M07

I can play Religion_and_Revolution just fine. I might be installing RaRE wrong. Do I install each succeeding assest into RAR first. Any Help om installing is appreciated.

I guess RaRE folder is bigger than RAR. In this case, RaRE should be self-sufficient.
I can suggest you to have a try with Dawn of a New Era v5.10 you should not have XML error :)

Top Bottom