Interesting Screenshots

It's been years since I touched PTW, but I recall problems with the cityview in DyP because of all the extra buildings added.

Honesly, I don't recall the palace view, I disabled that along time ago. But I do believe it's for any game in VC3/PTW.

SuperBeaverInc. said:
Notice that he used all five palace styles
I guess that means there'e one of everybody, like the village people...
I still don't know what the village people have to do with the YMCA song, though.

The Village People sang YMCA

Oh. I always wondered who the singer was. Now I know that it's singers, not singer.
Interesting Note: The song is stuck in my head, too, partially because of this, partially because I just recently heard it. :D

T.A JONES said:
Wow, Really? Im playing a Ptw mod called 'Stephs mod' I have Complete so I can run it through PtW and probably would, now knowing this. Please help me understand, Is it just with 'pre set' maps or can I have the 'crib build' as a option on a random map mods when using PtW aswell?
Also if so, can I have the old cityview function to?. Thanks for your time

It's not any special customization thing, it's just a cool little easter egg feature that the developers put in. In the bottom right corner of your screen is the box that has the information about your current unit, etc. On the right edge of that box are five or six little buttons with letters in them. The "P" button takes you to the palace customization view. You can only do it a little at a time though.

I've played some Conquests scenarios in hotseat and noticed I could improve my palace.

choxorn said:
BTW, I also found out that if you can give a city improvement/wonder a negative cpt value, but if you do, the game treats it as 0 cpt.
What's cpt ?

TimBentley said:
culture per turn
In that case choxorn is partialy wrong.

In my mod there are quite a few negative culture buildings. They do have a negative effect.
They never decrease the total amount of culture a city has; they decrease the culture per turn towards 0.
So if you have a temple built and another building that has -1 cpt then your city will get 1cpt.
But if your city has 10 culture and 0 total cpt and you build a -1cpt building then the city will stay at 10 culture.

IIRC :hmm: (maybe someone who played my mod more than me can confirm this :lol: :crazyeye: )

Hmm. I guess I need to check that out. Seriously, though, the borders should shrink.

This is actually not a screenshot, but I have made a great discovery! Forgive me if this has already been found out.

Remember the screenshpt earlier at the bottom of the map? Well, I was curious what would happen if I popped barbs from a hut down there. So, I decreased it to 2 tiles, one with my Settler, Worker, and Warrior, and the other with the goody hut, and for the greatest chance of popping barbs, played it on Sid (90% Chance of barbs). I popped it 10 times, and didn't get barbs once- just maps and warriors. The chances of that happening normally are (I think) 0.000000001%. So I guess that's another requirement for barbs to get popped from the hut: "There must be 3 empty land tiles that they can spawn to."
EDIT: Oopsie! I forgot to give myself a city, which is one of the requirements. I'll have to go do that.
EDIT2: Nope, I gave myself a city (which wasn't one tile from the barb camp) and still didn't get barbs after popping it 10 times on Sid.

If there is no tile for them to spawn too, then they won't spawn barbs. it doesn't need to be 3 tiles, though if there are only 2 tiles uncovered, then only those two tiles will get barbs.

:nya: The Untamed JUNGLE! :nya:

Never been 380 turns in to a game and had this much real estate available.(my turn=years ratio was slightly adjusted to slow aging at the begining, making it more amazing then it seems!) Look even the resources are colonized in the top right corner. THe english,(red )at least had the guts to set up a base in thickit. The rumours of giant snakes have driven them all away. He he! now thats a worthy propaganada mission!

I hope you have a lot of workers. ;)

AutomatedTeller said:
If there is no tile for them to spawn too, then they won't spawn barbs. it doesn't need to be 3 tiles, though if there are only 2 tiles uncovered, then only those two tiles will get barbs.
Fine, so there only needs to be one tile. WHO CARES!!! It still is a cool discovery, whether I was first or not!

Oh, and as for the endless jungle.... :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: I've never seen so much jungle in one place before!!!!!

Oh yes about the jungles I owe a explanation for that. Wet climate with the other variables at Mid 190x190 continents, is I think what makes the lush greens.

Um still, those unclaimed dyes up in the bush arn't the Ai suppose to be drawn to them like flies on fresh cow pies?. 380 turns! and no one laid claim yet!!!

I see the continent layout and its all covered I tell ya theirs gotta be some big snakes :shifty: in dose parts if it kept those suckers at bay(AI settlers)

You mean like this one I got from a google search?

This must be what keeps the AI away!! :lol: :rotfl:

I've already posted this image before on this forum, but I feel it also belongs in this thread!

I moved my settler one tile before settling. (never finished the game, if you wonder, just saved this screenshot. )

(by the way, for some odd reason, the image is not visible in my post right away, instead, only a link to it is shown, can someone explain why this is?)

Okay, that has GOT to be the closest start ever! Well, actually, in my best start location thread, there were 6 civs in a 6-tile rectangle...
Oh, and, as for the link, are you sure you're using "IMG" and not "link"?

Top Bottom