Introduce Yourself!

Hi everyone! I've been a member of this site for ages. For most of that time I was an inveterate CivIV player. I wrote a couple clunky Python modcomps and utilities for BtS. Lately I've been enjoying VI and have been trying my hand at modding it. Hope to have some stuff to share soon.

Hey there fellow Civ-ers ! :D
Really enjoy the game and I am happy to share some insights with you :thumbsup:

Hi!
Just joined the forum.
I'm just a rando that happened to discover civ 6 around when it came out and I became quite hooked on what it meant.
I started modding because I am quite mad and got some problem with fixations and too much ideas fuzzing in my head.
Hope we'll be getting along :)

Maybe it's about damn time I introduce myself. I'm a 40 year old father of an 18 year old. I've been a gamer all of my life (I was 5 when they released the NES) but never really got into modding until quite recently as I was diagnosed with depression and told to find something I enjoyed to do creatively. At that point I was already well known in the Sim Settlement community (a large Fallout 4 mod) as I had been giving ideas and working with modders so I decided to give it a go. I'm still working on it (my plan to do newspapers meant I have to write 200+ fake articles so... it's not an instant thing).

My son got into D&D and is a Dungeon Master who loves to create new worlds. One day he told me about his difficulties having a backstory to his words. He wanted to create his own but he always ended up stealing someone else pre-made concept. As a Civ player since the original I immediately thought of using it as a tool for him. My original idea was as simple as: let's use Civs that are kinda close to the races/countries you want to create and he can have his friends roleplay with him a game of Civ like that. It was not great but it was an idea. Then I remembered that mods exist and that kinda brought me here instantly.

I'm barely starting to work on this project. I'm going to work in stages and I'll see what stage I can reach before we all just say "fudge it, we play it like this". The first step will simply be mix and matching existing unique everything and create our own races (since I work better by doing as I'm reading tutorials, I've started working on a pirate Civ but it will include all manners of Elfs, Dwarves, Orcs or whatever else he creates).

But I have also asked and received permission to use assets from some modders here, people who made units, one of them made a TON of units available so if I can find a way to easily and efficiently transfer some assets to the game I might try to redo the unit list entirely. What I mean by that is that I'd stop using any unit post... let's say Industrial Era. Make those the late game units and then add units throughtout the tech tree so that there are more choices of archers, warriors etc. That obviously would be a huge undertaking so it's far from guaranteed.

Because I have a group of creative kids who can draw, I might try to look into how to make new buildings completely and just cheat it and use existing buildings (and entire districts) and simply let the kids have fun with retexturing. My experience with Fallout 4 is that with good retexturing you can do quite a lot.

And that's pretty much it. This is who I am, why I am here and what I want to do. Hope this introduction was as pleasant to read as it was to write.

You might have seen me in the Civ 5 section. I just purchased the Anthology bundle a couple days ago. The first Civilization game I had was 3. The disc for it broke a long time ago. I have Civilization 4, 5, and 6. I am a fan of stimulation and strategy games.

Hi everyone, father raised me into a Civ addict since III Gold. Stuck to IV through most of V, but was convinced by friends to give VI a shot. Love all the DLC and changes. The tools available for modding have given me hope to dust off the keys and write up a form of Economic Victory that can be enjoyed casually by everyone with Monopolies enabled, while trying to keep it to what I feel is viable/reasonable with the balance of Civ VI compared to the days of IV.

Not usually a fan of stating projects-in-the-works, but maybe saying it here will add some pressure to make sure this one goes to completion. I hope to provide to this community in the near future.

Top Bottom