1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Introduce Yourself!

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Creation & Customization' started by ldvhl, May 28, 2016.

1. KoubaK

KoubaK Chieftain

Hello, I'm new here, but an old fan of Civ since Civ 4. Although, Civ 5 got me through my deployment to Afghanistan in 2011.
    Anyways, new to the board and modding. So, stand by for the dumb questions.

2. Canadian Bluebeer

Canadian Bluebeer Chieftain

No mods to Civ yet, have for FO4/Skyrim SSE though.
    Started with CTP for Linux way way back.
    Have a video posted on getting it to work with modern distros, it's still a fun play.

Alas, got sucked into the Diablo series for many years, then WoW. (don't ask my playtime in that game. It's kinda a stoopid big number)

Came back for 5 and all the stuff with it, started using mods.
    With 6, playing with the tools and may make something, dunno what yet.
    Having too much fun with the possiblities with FireTuner right now.

I'm the tinkerer type. "What happens if I do.... oh, that's what happens. Note to self..."
    :)

3. Guandao

Guandao Rajah of Minyue and Langkasuka

I've been playing Civ games since Civ5 was released in 2010. I feel bad for not playing the older games, but I do like the talking leaders. Combined with interesting movement.
    I studied Anthropology for my Bachelors and Masters degrees.
    Got no modding skills to offer, except for historical research for Civilopedia, Unique ideas, even city-lists.

In particular, I'm interested in the indigenous peoples of the Americas. I've got a whole row of thick Smithsonian books about all the North American Indians, divided into cultural area. And a book about South American Archeology.
    The second area of the whole I'm interested in is Southeast Asia. Third is West and Central Africa. Fourth is Oceania. Fifth is East and Northeast Asia. Sixth is South Asia. Seventh is likely West Asia. Eighth would be Europe.:p

4. RFormica

RFormica Grand Oligarch of the Hills

Hello everybody. Civ6 is my first Civ game, and when I bought it I immediately became interested in modding. At first I kind of dabbled in everything, but now I have settled on making XML-based Alternate Leaders/Civs. Right now I have finished everything for an Edward IV of England mod, but I don't know how to make my leader art show up in-game. I've tried many ways.. None of them work.:mad: :badcomp: I also have a Bohemia civilization with Ottokar II as the leader. I need to finish the text and the leader art for it.

If anybody is interested in helping with text/leader art, please tell me.

One day I hope to have a map of Europe where it's so crowded with civs that each one can only have one city and everybody is having a land rush for Iceland :p

5. Sailor Cat

Sailor Cat Chieftain

Hey, fellas. I love me some Civ, but I'm new to the modding scene. Finally decided to take Persia into my own hands after Firaxis went with Achaemenid again (understandably, I suppose). Hope to learn enough to make a leader set for it, and in doing so be able to give back by helping others once I've reached a point where I'm experienced enough.

Besides that, I'm an author.

6. Allein

Allein Chieftain

I've been playing civ since Civ 3, started playing in 2001. I've started modding civ 3 with my friend. Then Civ 4, civ 5 and now civ 6. I've always been fascinated by the World wars.
    So that is why I've made the Relive World Wars mod. I try to make the best I can (I've made some arts and a lot of coding), but now I'm modding Civ 6 alone, so it's a long shot.

7. Mikhaelstan

Mikhaelstan Chieftain

Hi everyone. First interested in Civ when I stumbled across the Civ 5 Battle Royale. I loved learning about new cultures and leaders that I was only vaugly aware of before hand. Picked up Civ 6 at launch and now ready to enter the modding frey. Currently working on a South Africa mod with ideas for a few others as well.

8. Ghiaman1334

Ghiaman1334 Chieftain

Only picked up Civ VI because of YouTube, never played one before, am completely hooked. Also been stark against modding games for a long time, but since playing this game, leader mods and city state mods and stuff have grown on me and now I'm trying my hand despite never coding or programming a thing in my life. Be gentle lol

Atlas627 likes this.
  9. TchaikovskyLatte

TchaikovskyLatte Chieftain

Hey guys.

I've been a Civ player since the first game came out (although I was a little too young to truly appreciate it), and have played every single version a little too much. I've been a lurker on the CivFanatics forums since Civ IV and figure it's about time I gave something back to the amazing community here.

I'm not the best player, so creating a strategy guide isn't quite my thing, but I am a composer of music. So I'd like to make myself available for any of you out there that are creating any mods that might require music. I am a classically trained, orchestral composer, so I'd be very interested in helping to craft something that would fit in seemlessly with the original score for the game, or for any sort of overhaul that demands a classical soundtrack - like a traditional fantasy setting.

Atlas627 likes this.
  10. Merri

Merri Chieftain

I guess I could go ahead and do this introduction thing. I'm a programmer and have been one a very long time, although as a job I've done it for only five years. As a modder I've been "active" (read: inactive...) since the Civilization II days. On technical level I can understand quite fast how mods work, but my interest has mostly been on localization side of things since I'm a Finn and happen to have a love for the Finnish language. That is why I work with a language pack, and why I don't do other kind of modding since my job takes most of my time, and the remaining time goes with either translation or playing the game, or just other life in general (what, what is this thing called life outside Civilization!).

But if you want or need some strong opinions on how to do localization in Civ 6 then you know who to ask for help :D I also recently released my language pack in Steam Workshop as a mod that works with both vanilla and R&F so if you need to know how to make a dynamic mod that works with either case then I guess I can help with that as well if having issues.

As a reminder the right way to ask for help: make a thread or ask a question in a relevant thread, and only then if you think I might be able to help then send me a PM and link the post. I really dislike (and leave unanswered) questions that are sent directly in private, because then others won't be able to get the info if they happen to need it.

11. Atlas627

Atlas627 Chieftain

Welcome to the forums!

If someone does send you a question in private, could you tell them that or make a thread yourself? They may not know this is your policy.

12. ambelgra

ambelgra Chieftain

Hi. Have lurked for a few years. Always looking for tips and thangs lol...enjoying the Nubia civ (early range units FTW lol). Working on a warmonger penalty mod. See y'all around probably ;)

13. Kazumalice

Kazumalice Chieftain

Bonjour
    Hello

Je suis français et mon anglais n'est pas vraiment bon, pas assez pour du langage sérieux, aussi j'espère que vous me pardonnerez.
    I'm french and my inglish is not so good, not for a serious discussion, also i hope you can forgive me.

Je suis ici pour essayer de créer des mods qui ajouteraient simplement des nations personnalisées, inspiré par ce genre de mod : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1184896420
    I'm here for try to make some mods that just would add customs nations like this inspiration : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1184896420

Je n'ai jamais modé quoi que ce soit et il me faudra tout apprendre depuis le début, mais j'espère avoir de l'aide. Alors merci pour votre accueil.
    I never mod anything before and i have to learn everything from the beginning, but i hope you can help me. I thank you all for your welcome.