1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have selected the winners of the Old World random draw and competition. For the winning entries, please check this thread.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Old World has finally been released on GOG and Steam, besides also being available in the Epic store . Come to our Old World forum and discuss with us!
    Dismiss Notice

Invisible UI.

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Giant Earth Map Mod' started by Lex Talionis, May 5, 2011.

1. Lex Talionis

Lex Talionis Chieftain

Whenever I play this mod, I am unable to see my UI or minimap. How would I go around fixing this?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

2. Mosher

Mosher Mushroom dad

I'm having the same problem.

3. Tomorrow's Dawn

Tomorrow's Dawn Heroes Never Die

I think the issue is related to BUG.

I just downloaded the latest version of GEM on my personal computer and tried it out; same thing happened to me. Couldn't see any interface.
    But when I uninstalled BUG and reloaded GEM, I could access the interface again.
    See if that works.

4. Genghis_Kai

Genghis_Kai GEM modder

So you previously have BUG installed separately and causes problem? That sounds like a very possible reason for these UI problems for these people.

5. Mosher

Mosher Mushroom dad

Thanks, TD.

6. sabela

sabela Chieftain

I have a same problem and and have no other mods except the Blue Marble. Only a clean installation Civ 4 and data-discs with updates.

7. civvver

civvver Deity

It depends on if your ui mod is loaded as a separate mod or is installed into custom assets folder. If it's in the custom assets folder it will try to load gem and the ui mod and that probably won't work.