1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Iron Bug?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Catphish37, Dec 27, 2005.

1. Catphish37

Catphish37 Chieftain

I just finished playing some multiplayer with a friend. It was myself and him, teamed against 4 AI on a continental map.

Some time into the game, I realized I was unable to create Swordsmen because the game told me I had no Iron. I did have Iron, though. In fact, I had two. If I went into the diplomacy screen, it was listed. It was also listed in my city information screen. One was piped directly into my capital, and another was a couple of towns over. They each had mines and roads, and everything was connected. I even tried razing and rebuilding the mine, to no effect. Before this game, I've never had this problem.

Anyone have any idea why the game would say you had no Iron when you, in fact, did? This particular game we're playing is pretty much shot, since we're approaching the 1300's, and I can build neither swordsmen or knights, nor anything else that requires Iron.

Sucks. :(

2. Thalassicus

Thalassicus Bytes and Nibblers

Do you still have a save game? Wouldn't really know without trying it out :)

3. csrjjsmp

csrjjsmp Chieftain

Maybe the city you were looking at wasn't connected to the rest of your empire. The iron requirement applies to an individual city, not to your nation as a whole.

4. jedimogg

jedimogg Chieftain

where you trading the iron? if you trade away your only sources of iron, its the same as if you have none