• Gold Hill then Iron Ore

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • Abstain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Goonie

Lonely End of the Rink
Re-poll of this issue.

Check turn 55 for the new circumstances.

What's the new info for a re-poll?

Yeah... Erm... Why are we repolling? What are the circumstances? I would like some information before you expect me to vote on such an important decision ^_^;

I'm not sure that there're any new developments.

Reasons for Settling Gold first...
  • We cannot see any additional units coming out of Balance of Power, so there's no hurry to get to the iron.
  • It will drastically improve our economy (by as much as 11gpt).
  • It's relatively easier to defend as it is closer to our home cities.
Reasons for Settling Iron first...
  • We can have two cities built within 6 turns, instead of one now and another in 10 turns.
  • If a GCA settler were to emerge from Balance of Power within the next 5 turns, they would beat our 2nd settler to the iron site.
  • It would push the GCA warriors further away from our core cities in order to stay clear of our borders.
Personally, I'm not convinced that either choice is the 100% best choice. I'd be happy going either way, but I think we must reach a decision on this soon (ie. before we get the turn tomorrow).

Gold for obvious reasons. If you are unsure of your vote I will love to elaborate.

Ok you must realize this our economy sucks right now and iron wont help us unless we can afford more troops while getting science without running a deficeit, which requires the gold/fish combo we have waiting for us.

I to support settling the gold as we need the commerce now. I think it is folly to think that GC will try and settle that Iron as it is very far for them to travel. How would they defend it? How would they road that far? If they did they would be commiting suicide.

I have to agree with Goonie here... GC has no possibility of settling - and holding - a city near that iron.

We could sign a non-agression pact and non-interfering pact, which would mean they couldn't interfere with our unit movements. If they move units/settle in our land, we could say "you are interfering with our worker actions!"

I've changed my mind. I believe we should settle the gold city now and the iron city afterwards. I take my chances that GCA will not try to settle the iron.

I would still go with Iron. :). I dont want the GCA to get there Grubby hands on our Iron :hmm:

I'm glad public oppinion has changed to pro commerce :)

If the GCA does take the iron first, it will hurt them to the point of helping us.

By the time they would get iron back home we'd have enough horsemen and archers to take either their iron city, OR take the BoP, as only one could be well defended.

Originally posted by Hygro
I'm glad public oppinion has changed to pro commerce :)

If the GCA does take the iron first, it will hurt them to the point of helping us.

By the time they would get iron back home we'd have enough horsemen and archers to take either their iron city, OR take the BoP, as only one could be well defended.

I have decided to change my stance, After looking in the Cartography office and the Save I came to 1 Conclusion. Go for the Gold. How can I be so Blind. Without commerce, we would not support a large standing. I would like to thank Hygro for changing my opinion. Since I have not voted yet. I decided to cast my Vote, Now.

Thank you civgeneral for being open-minded :)

I very much appreciate you were taking a stance for protecting our country, which happens to be our #1 priority. This is why Iron is my #2 choice, before incense, which is important if we wanted another powerful city and a better chance for TGL. However, to use such iron we need commerce, and we'll be getting commerce AND iron in short notice, as to power our war machine to warpmode.

Top Bottom