Include in VP?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

adan_eslavo

Archmage of all Pixels
Supporter
On the top bar you have icons for startegic resources. they are mostly ordered by their appearance.
2023-10-21_22h41_09.png

Except Iron and Horses.
Horses are discovered first (mostly, unless you rush Bronze Working), so imo they should be on the first place. They are not, because ID of the Iron is lower than that of the Horses, and they are actually ordered by ID.

Proposal: Horses should be placed at first place, and Iron at second. I do not suggest to change the IDs. I only want to change the top bar behaviour.

UI Changes

Last edited by a moderator:
Why?

First of all, horses aren't always found first, depends on the build order.

Second.....why? Just....why? All this does is force people to relearn a UI, and wastes a little developer time. I do not understand how this improves the game.

Why?

First of all, horses aren't always found first, depends on the build order.

Second.....why? Just....why? All this does is force people to relearn a UI, and wastes a little developer time. I do not understand how this improves the game.
I felt in my games it is unintuitive, and that's why.
  • Horses are mostly discovered earlier.
  • Iron is used for more advanced units late game when Horses are not.
  • Horses are 1 tier earlier in tech tree.
How often do you have Bronze Working before Animal Husbandry?

I know UI stuff changes/optimization might be considered useless, but I do care of them.

Last edited:
Don't know how one would do this without hard-coding, which I wouldn't consider "clean".

If it's frustrating to have them listed in "nearly" their unlock order, why not have them ordered from highest to lowest quantity?

What if two strategic resources are in the same tier?
They are? Then no, it wouldn't work. Then UI would need to have a table with the order. How is it done now? Maybe a change can be just done there and that's it.

Looks like it is either a very easy change (just change ID and voilà) or a very tedious one, depending on if resources are referenced by name/other, or by ID.
I'd vote for personally, rational makes sense for me.

I agree, it's nice to have things cleaned up in general.

Also, paper should be before coal and after iron.

It is impossible to build a paper mine. In addition, paper is an optional resource. You can not produce emissaries, but simply complete CSs quests or donate units.

A paper mine? What do you mean?

When you hover over a resource, it will be shown which cities this resource is located near and whether it has been improved.
Paper is produced only by buildings. These buildings don't need to be built.

Aren't all strategic resources optional?
Some buildings cannot be built without a resource.

Yes, an alliance or friendship with CSs gives bonuses to the entire empire or to each city separately. But these alliances are not permanent.
An improved tile in the core of the empire that the enemy cannot plunder is a permanent bonus. That's why cities are founded in places rich in resources.

Settlers become stronger with the development of technology, including so that they can establish full-fledged cities near the poles after the discovery of, for example, uranium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom