Iron: the gift that keeps on giving

Ykai

Chieftain
In my current game, where I'm well on my way to win a 4-city cultural victory with France, my neighbours Askia and Alexander are involved in a 900 year war that I started. Askia was friendly with me, Alexander settled near me, and I wanted the city gone so with a little help from Askia I razed it to the ground, and got a nice peace deal a few turns later.

Askia never did, and since I remained sympathetic to this noble cause ( :lol: ), I have been supplying him with iron ever since. Usually 4 iron for 20 turns, every once in a while.

Recently, Askia must have hit the motherlode, because when another one of these deals ended, for the next 25~ turns, I have been getting 4 iron 'back', along with the message that my iron to Askia deal ended. This didn't stop until I made a different deal with Askia (no iron involved), and I am now well over 100 iron for my puny 4 city empire :)

It's a bug that I have no idea how to reproduce, but here are some screenshots. All I can say is - a little kindness to your allies goes a long way :crazyeye:

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

"We have a bug. Peace treaties don't end."
"OK, I have a solution! We'll make treaties end every turn for a hundred turns."

Too bad they didnt fix the treaty bug for me at least. Maybe in new games but this one is still screwed up.

Top Bottom