Is anyone ACTUALLY gonna buy PTW??

I'll be buying and for all the complaints about this not being a completed game at least it is more complete than "X-Wing verse Tie Fighter" of which they utterly forgot the need for a campaign and all and had to add that in the expansion. Now that was a game that was only really complete when you added in the expansion.

If I'm smart I will wait till I have a job (but with this economy who knows, if I had followed that logic with Civ3 I would still be waiting). Will probably buy it at Walmart, they tend to sell programs for about $10 less than the electronic game stores (at least that was the case with Civ3 in November).

i dont know, the system requirements are kinda high. 2.0 Ghz processor? mine is only 1.4!!! WTF? 52X DVDrom??? mine is 36X.

i doubt i will be buying PTW just yet and i'm not going out and getting another computer for a 30 dollar expansion pack.

CivIIenthusiast, I think you have got the system requirements completely wrong, but I see where you have it from. The 2.0 CPU and 52x CD-ROM are from GameSpy's preview. It is not PTW's system requirements, but the GameSpy previewer's own PC's specification. He only listed what kind of PC he has.

So the requirement's for PTW should be about the same as for CIV3, a bit faster CPU is probably needed for a MP game, but there shouldn't be a big increase.

BTW, I'm going to buy PTW. I've played CIV3 so much already that even with the added cost of PTW, it will still be some of the cheapest fun I've ever had.

I'll be buying it.

I'm sure almost all players will find that Civ3 was one, if not THE cheapest forms of entertainment you will ever find.

IT's real computer games are the cheapest entertainment on Earth why do people are pirating games? I've played or will play almost 1000 hours to CIV III...I bought it 50 CAN$ so it makes it barely 5 cents an hour... but since here i canada CIV 3 is still the same price as when it came out i'll buy PTW when it will came out but not for MP games...just for the patch...hope my 333 MHz will be enough...or I'll have to change my Processor...

I won't be first in line, but I will buy it eventually.

Of course, it would be great if MP and all the other new features were in the original game, but then we would have had to wait a year for it, and that would not be so great, would it?

Stop complaining. Firaxis is a business, not charity.

Of course I'm gonna buy PTW something that I have been looking forward too do for many months now. I also does not play Civ III anymore, because I'm wanting for the MP-mode. Feels like the original game don't work for me anymore.

To me, some of the biggest benifits of PTW is cleaning up the interface. Since I figure this will make it into the standard game "in the next patch" (which, admittedly, will take a while), I'm not all fired up to buy.

The new civs and units don't impress me at all. If I wanted to, I could simply add them in now.

I'll buy when I want the updated interface, or I want to try some of the new game styles (i.e. turnless) or some multiplayer.

Cheers,
Shawn

Originally posted by Grey Knight
Since I figure this will make it into the standard game "in the next patch" (which, admittedly, will take a while), I'm not all fired up to buy.

It will take a while, like forever. Firaxis has stated publicly that 1.29f is the final patch for vanilla Civ3. :eek: All future patches will be done to PTW.

I will buy it certainly. Multiplayer is great unless you just love that AI!! :) The expansion will improve the game considerabaly. The Guerilla's graphic looks cool.

well i guess i will be buying it then!!! i wont be buying it for the MP games though, just the new features, civs, etc. its bad enough the AI beats me ocassionaly, i dont need other humans embarassing me.

i wont buy it. ever. maybe in 2-3 years when they sell it for $5 in the ´old games´ section of the computer store. :)

I agree with one aspect, Multiplayer should have been standard, not something to shell out for. In 2001, everything was multi-player, even 50 year board games done for the PC.

I'll buy it too.
one single reason MP
its very different to fight against and enemy who really thinks, knows what to do, that can betray you or be a real ally in good and bad times.

I wonder how a game will be if...
lets say a MP game and Free Enterprise is my neighbor and we sign MPP, and we have a common enemy...lets say LT Killer.

then I realize my Ally has the only source of oil in the continent and of course wont share it...what would you do?
make peace with LT Killer, maybe a MPP and attack your ooooold ally.

that had happen a lot in real life, If not, ask Hitler and Stanlin
they HAD a MPP but it was part of the strategy.

AI will never match a human being in those things.
besaides, has a lot of interesting things as well

I'll be getting PTW for a couple of reasons.

1. Hotseat so i can kick my older brothers @$$
2. So i can play new civs. Playing the same ones over and over get kind of boring.

i'm buying i've been looking forward to it sence it was anounced.

Top Bottom