Is anyone ACTUALLY gonna buy PTW??

WarlordMatt

Emperor
After all the rant about PTW around here, both the praising and the pooh-poohing, I am curious: how many people are actually gonna buy the god d*mn game? (TF, I already know what youre going to say about this, so there is no need to post it. ;) ) I, personally, am not willing to pay 30$ for an xpak with a majority of features that should have been included in the first one. Hell, I don't even play the regular Civ III anymore. (I am too preoccupied with other games such as Chris Sawyer's RollerCoaster Tycoon, great game everyone) Now I am not blaming Firaxis for this, but my point is that I believe that many of PTW's features described by press releases should probably have been included in the original (not including MP, that's something for an xp to take care of.)

I'm buying.

I'm buying. Why not? It's only $30 retail (meaning you can buy it for less in reality), a veritable drop in the bucket. I spent more than that for dinner tonight.

I'm getting the game but I would prefer if they added diffrent things to the expansion other than flashy new (but in the long run) unimportant UU's (I get my GG's with wonders most of the time) and new civs that have the same traits, pointnlessy added to the roster of existing civs who already have those abilites, I want new city improvs, new resources, new civ traits, new governments and something to spice up the game...sure new civs are great and the main selling point of PTW will be it's multiplayer but I want them to strengthen the bare bones of the game

(it's will be 250 shekels in israel... i belive)
i'll buy it in the second i will see it in stores...

Yeah I don't know what people are complaining about, do they all complain when "any" xp comes out for any game or is are they just complaining about PTW. I supposed firaxis could have delayed the release of Civ III for about a year until they had all these "extras" in but then people would b1tch about it not coming out on time. Ya just can't win can you?

Some people are only happy when they have something to complain about.

Some have the mistaken idea that somehow they are owed the stuff that comes in an expansion, "as it should have been in the box I paid for even though it said it wouldn't".

Some will make a big production about how they will boycott it, but end up buying the first day anyways.

Some will make a big production about how they will boycott it, but end up pirating it (these are the worst in my opinion, because they lower the chance of another expansion).

It's not just PTW, there are complainers on the forums for most games.

I don't know yet. After it comes out I'll see what everyone has to say, and also I will try to practice SP some more before I venture out into MP. And not only that, but the price might drop some before I buy it, if I wait awhile (which I'll most likely do anyway, if I do get it).

Originally posted by willj
And not only that, but the price might drop some before I buy it, if I wait awhile (which I'll most likely do anyway, if I do get it).

I'm sure that Best Buy (the chain closest to me) will have it as a special game of the week within two weeks after it's out and have it for $20.

Originally posted by warpstorm
I'm sure that Best Buy (the chain closest to me) will have it as a special game of the week within two weeks after it's out and have it for $20.
Thanks for the tip, there's a Best Buy fairly close to my house as well. I'll keep an eye out -- that is, if the game looks good and gets good reviews after the release.

I'm buying. Mostly for the extra civs. With the 100's of hours (if not 1000's) of hours I played this game, I feel I certainly got my money's worth. If you figure out how many hours you played the game divided by what you spent on the game, I'm sure almost all players will find that Civ3 was one, if not THE cheapest forms of entertainment you will ever find. Also, consider all the patches you got for FREE.

And compare this to the Sims and their 'expansion paks'.
Sims
Sims Livin' Large
Sims House Party
Sims Hot Date
Sims Vacation
and I wouldn't doubt it if there is yet another expansion pak out already, or due pretty soon. Livin' Large and House Party just offered new items to buy and new careers. Was still exactly the same game, just with some more 'cosmetics' added. Hot Date just offered the new option of going downtown. Vacation allowed you to go on vacation. And hot date was buggy as heck because you go downtown and your 'date' gets stuck when sitting in a booth and you couldn't do anything but control-Alt-Delete!

I had a date with a fat girl once and she really did get stuck in the booth; what's so unrealistic about that. :lol:

Does cntrl-Alt-delete fix the problem in CIv3 when the AI keeps landing single longbowman out of galleys into your territory eventhough you have tanks and MI. ;)

Cracker, everytime I see your posts you're 'crackin' on someone. Is that where the name came from ;-) <=(Not smart enough to make those little smiley faces) I've got one for you to think about . . .Should the question not be "Is there life after death?", but rather "Is there death after life after death?" for the AI?

tcwonder.

the answer all depends on whether you have respawn turned on or off. :crazyeye:

don't take life toooooo seriously. I'm being whimsical and working on my post count this week because all the enemies are temporarily dead.

Of course I'll buy.

Me and my friends will play MP till we bleed from our hands...

Heck, when you hit 52 like me and have played millions of hours of these games as well as raise a family, whimsical loses it's definition! I guarantee that right now I sure ain'ttaking it toooo seriously. Actually, I'm startin' to have a little fun again. Say how DO you get those smiley faces without going to some other area than quick reply?

Hit 'Post Reply' that is to the upper right of the quick reply window. You can get the 'wink' by typing ; ) (but no space between the ; and the ). ;)

Top Bottom