Is it worth building Amsterdam?

Rest assured, though, the Dutch have definitely made their impact known here. There's at least one Dutch word every college freshmen in the U.S. knows by the end of their first week at uni - Heineken. :beer:

You should try some real Dutch beer. Heineke is just bottled ditchwater. Grolsch is much better :p

here in budapest, we consider Heineken to be one of the more prestigious beers ^^

Why?? you have much better beers in Hungary....

True, they surrendered without a fight because the money/trade had priority on weapons/defense etc (if it sounds familiar, WWII ;), what can I say we Dutch just like to make money :lol:)

Anyway, technically it wasn't sold but at the peace agreement England was allowed to keep the conquered region of New Netherlands and The Netherlands could keep the conquered region of Suriname.

This is possible . . . I grew up in "Amish Country," but never interacted much with them, so I wouldn't really recognize what language they used amongst themselves. I only know English, Spanish and a little bit of Swedish (which is random for an American to learn - my great-grandfather was from Kalmar, and I'd like to visit his hometown, but I'm forcing myself to learn the language before doing so - even if everyone in Europe knows English, I refuse to be the stereotypical American who expects the world to cater to them ;)).

Rest assured, though, the Dutch have definitely made their impact known here. There's at least one Dutch word every college freshmen in the U.S. knows by the end of their first week at uni - Heineken. :beer:

Uti Kalmare stad,
ja där finns det ingen kvast
förran lördagen~
:lol: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7G2lCGQwUAQ&feature=related :lol:

As for the topic, it would weird playing the Dutch without having a capital in Europe.

Personally, I just destroy the Germans and make a really long Holland. In my current game (no doubt of victory) the Vikings attacked Germany, which made them collapse, and then I attacked Scandinavia, which made them collapse. So I got the Low Countries, Germany, Poland, and Scandinavia to myself. Sistine Chapel kept French culture at bay.

When the US popped, they asked me to DoW England and I did, so I have a nice little European nation. Can't really colonize, though...

BTW, GO STATE PROP!

Top Bottom