Votes: 114 78.1%
  • No, but probably will be in a major expansion later

Votes: 3 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NukeAJS

King
So the launch video is out; here:

Of note is the 1:12 mark where there's obviously a winged hussar.

I read that some people have found some information about Jadwiga who was the first female monarch of Poland. I forget what they found and where it is. Maybe someone can help?

There's also the odd number of 19 civs (18+Aztecs) in the vanilla release. Twenty is a nice, even, base-5/10 number :p

Devs also said there would be some information that was being held until release.

An observation against Poland being in the game is that Vikings were in the vanilla launch video for Civ5 and didn't appear until a later DLC.

Also, people found some information about Suleiman the great, but besides that, there's no other evidence of the Ottomans in the game.

So, what's your guess?

Sigh.

No, poland is not in the vanilla game. Why would they keep it hidden just a few days before release? 2K does want to sell as many copies as possible after all.

Reasonably likely to be a DLC before the first expansion though.

I have to say that IMHO it would be odd to add winged hussars in the launch video and not have Poland in the vanilla.

I dare to say maybe they have it as Day 1 DLC.

I had the same feeling watching the trailer. Very strange to inlcude Winged Hussars and not have it part of the vanilla. I assume we might still have a surprise tomorrow.

Jadwiga appeared on the leaked poster (it was semi-leaked in fact - it appeared in one of the Firaxis offices' video tours) with all the leader portraits. The poster had all the leaders that were released so far (including Montezuma and Gorgo), plus two, that were identified as Jadwiga and Isabella of Spain.

The poster was leaked in July if I am not mistaken (and definitely it was leaked before all the leaders were revealed). On this basis, it is widely speculated that Poland (and Isabella as the second leader of Spain) are in the works and may be available at or shortly after the release.

Will Poland be in the vanilla release?
I doubt it. But there is National Independence Day in Poland on 11 November so maybe they are going to use it somehow (as target day for releasing the DLC or announcing it).

It will be part of the Deluxe Edition, I guess. And the first part of the Deluxe Edition might appear on 21st as well.

I had the same feeling watching the trailer. Very strange to inlcude Winged Hussars and not have it part of the vanilla. I assume we might still have a surprise tomorrow.

As the OP says, that didn't stop them from including vikings in the Civ V intro video. The Denmark DLC wasn't released until several months later.

The hussar in the intro video is an extra hint at what we already suspect from having seen Jadwiga in the leader portraits leak. It's highly likely they will be a DLC release over the next few months, but wings on a horseman in a trailer certainly doesn't mean they're automatically going to release a Poland DLC on day one. It's possible, but with Civ V there was no day one DLC that wasn't part of the Deluxe Edition.

Poland's leader was in the leaked portraits, so I imagine it will be in one of the first additional civs DLC right after the game is published.

If I recall correctly, the Vikings were shown in the Civ V trailer even though Denmark did not make an appearance until released as a DLC.

wings on a horseman in a trailer certainly doesn't mean they're automatically going to release a Poland DLC on day one.

The winged hussar appeared because of his wings imho. All scenes are connected by human dreams of being like birds (sogno di volare).

I wouldn't be too surprised if they pulled a last-minute reveal of Poland. Something that speaks strongly against it is the fact that Jadwiga (sp?) was not on the list of leaders (accidentially) revealed by Ed in the infamous germany playthrough. This would seem to indicate that if Poland is included, it would be a decision made after that time, and I doubt that the trailer was only made and designed since then. Unless of course the whole accidental reveal by Ed was in fact intended and a grand scheme to fool us to think that Poland was not in the game when in fact it was. :p

If KVS was right about Denmark in the Civ5 trailer, I guess it means Poland is in fact DLC. On the other hand, we did hear the "20 civs" number float around several times, although that might just be incorrect information, but who knows?

I wouldn't be too surprised if they pulled a last-minute reveal of Poland. Something that speaks strongly against it is the fact that Jadwiga (sp?) was not on the list of leaders (accidentially) revealed by Ed in the infamous germany playthrough. This would seem to indicate that if Poland is included, it would be a decision made after that time, and I doubt that the trailer was only made and designed since then. Unless of course the whole accidental reveal by Ed was in fact intended and a grand scheme to fool us to think that Poland was not in the game when in fact it was. :p

If KVS was right about Denmark in the Civ5 trailer, I guess it means Poland is in fact DLC. On the other hand, we did hear the "20 civs" number float around several times, although that might just be incorrect information, but who knows?

Jadwiga was included in the poster leaked before the civilopedia reveal.

The winged hussar appeared because of his wings imho. All scenes are connected by human dreams of being like birds (sogno di volare).
That makes a lot of sense. :D Still, last minute reveal surprises are the best! *hint-hint, nudge-nudge@firaxis*

I think it is also strange to only include one civ with double leaders, when the tooltips say "when XXXX is leader of YYYY they'll get ZZZZ bonus" They should at the very least include one for America as their "flagship" and Isabella for Spain, since that was leaked.

Jadwiga was included in the poster leaked before the civilopedia reveal.
Yes, but it was NOT in the civilopedia page with the leaders that Ed accidentally showed. Neither was Isabella. Every other leader we've seen so far was there.

I have to say that IMHO it would be odd to add winged hussars in the launch video and not have Poland in the vanilla.

I dare to say maybe they have it as Day 1 DLC.
Given that she was among leader portraits but nowhere else to be found, I think day 1 DLC is pretty good bet.

Top Bottom