Is there a mod that replaces real civilizations and elements by fictional ones?

Prestimus

Chieftain
Although Civilization is based on real history and functions as a relatively accurate simulation of human society in most aspects, something that pisses me off about it is the fact that real-world civilizations are made into "battle-royale" teams on a map, e.g., you can have America start as an ancient civilization in 4000 BC led by Lincoln, bordered by Mongolia led by Genghis Khan, both on the same jungle island. You can further have Lincoln be a Muslim and build the Stonehenge and Genghis Khan be a Christian and build the Pyramids. Although all this can be great for matters of planning your strategy, the blatant historical inaccuracy is a big counter-weight to any realism in the game.

This makes Civ different from games like EU4, where nations mostly start in their in their correct locations and have their correct religions. Although Civ still has real-life scenarios, the world map is very limited and clumsy and was certainly not designed to mirror our real world.

Hopefully, however, I think this would be all fixed if, instead of real-life civilizations, wonders, etc. we had entirely fictional ones. And no, I'm not talking about fantasy mods like Fall from Heaven or any other total conversions, but rather about something that maintains every ordinary thing as it is (basic buildings like Barracks or Theatre, units like Archer or Infantry, and all resources) but replaces civilizations, leaders, wonders, religions and unique stuff by fictional ones, so as to simulate an alternate human world, with alternate nations, instead of a inaccurate simulacrum made with bits of own world. That way, we could imagine a different human world starting from zero, and see its nations progressing technologically and societally.

The Homestuck mod was the closest to this ideal I could find, because it replaces all real civilizations by fictional ones, but they are too cartoonish and real-life wonders and religions are still maintained.

If you can tell me of any mod more or less like what I described, I would be delighted to know about it.

hello to you and welcome to fanatics.

there were tons of mods done during the past 15 years, many variations.
if you dont wish some fantasy mods, ffh,
but a realistic fantasy or so,
i cant point you to fallout mod, based on the game,
dune wars,
there are all sorts of options - scout the completed mod packs thread.

although,
i dont see a Modder going the length of a mod development just to rename the existing content without any real change...
most mods add their touch to the realistic naming and representation, extending the game beyond initial release with a rich and deep experience.

anyway,
i hope you find something you like,
im sure you will, there are many wonderful mods.

Top Bottom