Is there any advantage to leveling a unit once it's received all promotions?

Genghis_Sean

High School English teacher
So I've been playing as Julius Caesar on a really slow game, trying to maximize his gold bonus for capturing or eradicating barbarian camps. It was by no means a goal, but I managed to get an infantry unit to level 8 with all promotions earned. I've just built my first spaceport, so I'm nearing the end of the game. My question is what happens if one gets a unit to level nine? Anybody know?

Attachments

• Hellish Bastards.png
    Hellish Bastards.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 61
Nothing happens. You may get the notification on the lower right side that a unit has a promotion, but you can't actually promote a unit.

I've maxed out units several times. Especially if I have Kabul in the game and I'm playing an aggressive game.

You also get 1 era point I think for having a unit with so much promotions.

Last edited:
naah, you get 1 era point for getting it to level 4. i.e. where the unit gets an extra attack per turn. nothing on last level like disgustipated said before.

in other words, there is no reason to upgrade if you are looking for extra points. but having the extra attack per turn is usually the point for me to really start cutting through defenses...

and better upgrade on real units in stead of barbs. 1 xp on a barb is nothing compared to the 5 or 6 you get on a real unit..

MC

naah, you get 1 era point for getting it to level 4. i.e. where the unit gets an extra attack per turn. nothing on last level like disgustipated said before.

in other words, there is no reason to upgrade if you are looking for extra points. but having the extra attack per turn is usually the point for me to really start cutting through defenses...

and better upgrade on real units in stead of barbs. 1 xp on a barb is nothing compared to the 5 or 6 you get on a real unit..

MC
Right, 1 point that could be true, yes. Thank you.

with the barb option turned on, you get 10 points for clearing a barb camp.
(and scout units with full promotions are a lot of fun)

:)

I don't think I've ever maxed out a unit in like 3k hours but my games are like 90% tourism/science wins and of the other 10% I generally blitz and win before corps and armies

Top Bottom