Is there any way to make AoI multiplayer??

ClasuSiosa

Thespian of the Sword
Is ther any way to make AoI multiplayer?? via the World Builder perhaps??:confused:

No.

I suppose, though, that it's possible through some tricky programming to get a MP game going, but it wouldn't be on the actual map. Plus, it'd be imbalanced to the point of wrecking any kind of enjoyment.

Probably the first thing to do is edit CvCivilizationInfos.xml to make the Illians and Doviello <bPlayable>1. I haven't tried (I'v never played a multiplayer game of Civ IV at all), but that might actually be the only change you need. Can you normally load up fixed map scenarioes? If so, it would probably work the same way once you edit that file.

I did it a while ago but I never tested it out so it might be possible. If you want to try and change it the files are in C:program Files/Firaxis Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 4/Beyond the Sword/Mods/FfH Age of Ice

Edit: Ninjaed
the BAK file has a block
; This mod is only for single player games
SinglePlayerOnly = 1

If you do what Magister said and change that to 1 to a 0 it should work

Some time ago I tried to play as mulcarn in singleplayer and changed the CvCivilizationInfos.xml, so that I can get mulcarn in the game.
But I remember that the messages that tells the story for the amurites came up
on mulcarns site too, maybe because I was player1, and the messages are programmed for fraction1.

But the main problem was, that most units build in my citys got their own barbarian private live and did that they want.
On a random map there was also a problem with food and shields for the Illians, because you are hit by the blizzards and snow like the amurites.

To play in multiplayer on a random map is possible but would be frustrating...

did civ ever have an option for more than one person controlling the same empire?

it's called 'hotseat' ;)
How is that hotset:confused:? Hotseat is when you play with more than person controlling different empires. And this is off topic.

Top Bottom