[NFP] Is this game winnable?

Man oh man, what a difference that early friendship with Gilgabro made!!! Thank you so much for the tips guys!!

Spoiler :

Forward settled Gilgamesh without fear of getting curbstomped by Warcarts.
upload_2021-3-24_22-12-32.png

Prepping for war with Gilgamesh. Wiping him out will be so satisfying.
upload_2021-3-24_22-13-24.png

Took two of Gligamesh's cities and working on Eridu.
upload_2021-3-24_22-20-24.png

He got crossbows before I could take Eridu, so I sued for peace. At some point, Hammurabi also declared on Gilgamesh, taking Ur and weakening Eridu enough that I was able to declare on him again and take Eridu in one turn. A couple turns later and it's all she wrote for Sumeria.

SO SATISFYING!!
upload_2021-3-24_22-28-23.png

Building up to take on Hammurabi. Might stop there, or might just keep rolling til I'm the only one on the continent.

Attachments

• Sick Of Immortal.Civ6Save
    1.7 MB · Views: 32
Rushed to the end of this game so I can play the new content. Well that went worse than expected. :S

To turn ~180
Spoiler :
Finally to settle the new world!

Pretty lame island overall but there's nothing else. Unexpectedly I could chop Kilwa so there's that.

Forbidden City too; I then proceed to slowly make Holy Sites and send faith routes for a cultural victory. Mongolia's trade post ability is working well since I am able to send trade routes to all the civs easily.

To turn 216
Spoiler :
Things are going fine but slow; doesn't look like I'll be able to get Rock Bands to outpace Babylon easily nor do I have space for Parks. To make matters worse Babylon is destroying Gilgamesh which would remove all the tourists and make everything harder. I surround Gilgamesh's last city with random units to prevent this.

to Turn 250
Spoiler :
Been flinging Rock Bands at Babylon and making Progress but he has so much culture. This is going to suck. Many people have switched to Fascism, meaning there's a tourism penalty if I don't match it so I can't stay in Theocracy for long.

to Turn 283, Diplo Victory
Spoiler :

Bad news strikes as my alliance with Gilgamesh ended and ejected my blocking units. He dies; making culture victory more of a pain and Hammurabi went Synthetic Technocracy (I've never seen them go t4 before), making tourism penalties even worse and he has banned Rock Bands, along with other civs, except good ol' Saladin. Babylon's also about to do the Moon Landing, giving him even more culture.

At this point, I decide to pivot to a Diplo victory. Babylon was also making progress there so I denied him the Statue of Liberty and also won an easy aid request with only 2 members. I failed to win the other one; had I realized it I would have already won if I devoted everything to Send Aid.

I'm left with 18 Diplo points at the World Congress @t277. Unfortunately, you can no longer win with 18 points unless you overcome the "lose 2 points" motion which is impossible even with my large amount of favor. Fortunately, the votes are easy. I succeed in leading the 2 resolutions by dumping most of my favor in it and vote against myself, leaving me at 19 points (18+3-2)

Now if I win the World Games I'll win in 30 turns. That's easy. But I don't want to play this out until t306 even if it doesn't look like Babylon can win by then. Fortunately, I can just research Global Warming Mitigation which apparently gives a diplo point. I didn't actually know this until this game, so I just put everything in culture and won in a few turns.

And now for the final state of my cities; not too shabby:

Attachments

• GENGHIS KHAN 171 1100 AD.Civ6Save
    2 MB · Views: 34
  • GENGHIS KHAN 216 1525 AD.Civ6Save
    2.2 MB · Views: 35
  • GENGHIS KHAN 284 1826 AD.Civ6Save
    2.6 MB · Views: 48
Last edited:
They don't work against Renaissance Walls.

But they're medieval walls. Is there something that indicates that they're really Renaissance walls that I'm missing?

Oh. Siege towers allow you to bypass the walls and attack the city itself as opposed to damaging the walls like a battering ram. But it has 67 str and your musket only has 55.

Even if the city didn't have anything, you'd still suffer a major defeat-- you need a lot more power than this.

Last edited:
Oh. Siege towers allow you to bypass the walls and attack the city itself as opposed to damaging the walls like a battering ram. But it has 67 str and your musket only has 55.

Even if the city didn't have anything, you'd still suffer a major defeat-- you need a lot more power than this.

That makes a ton of sense.

Garrison strength is either garrison unit's strength or your strongest melee strength unit -10.

10 more than 52 is 62 so it's safe to say that their strongest unit is probably a cavalry. I would probably withdraw from this war after pillaging those few districts/improvements in front.

I would probably withdraw from this war after pillaging those few districts/improvements in front.

Or, if you're feeling frisky, try to track down their cavalry and kill it/them with your cuirassiers to try and capture them to your side. You get the chance to add power to your army (and if you're researching printing now, you're still a little ways away from your own cavalry), and if you can get rid of all of theirs, you can drop the garrison strength down.

Garrison strength is either garrison unit's strength or your strongest melee strength unit -10.

10 more than 52 is 62 so it's safe to say that their strongest unit is probably a cavalry. I would probably withdraw from this war after pillaging those few districts/improvements in front.
Absolutely.
You've got a really juicy Campus to pillage, plus the farms to get strength back.
Another handy bonus is that pillaging the districts will actually lower the city's garrison strength too.
Try it & see what I mean - smash the district & the defence strength will drop.

The siege tower allows you to attack directly the garrison, but it not remove the walls defense. Besides pillaging the districts, the only way is damaging the walls and the garrison with siege/ranged units first because your melee unit is too weak. The siege tower will help, because the musketman will attack only the garrison, and the lost of health of the garrison will lower the city defense. For every 20 garrison health lost, the city loses 1 defense. Every turn a city heals up 20 health, if it is not under siege.

Top Bottom