1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

isolation

Discussion in 'Civ2 - Stories & Tales' started by thedirk, Jul 31, 2001.

1. thedirk

thedirk Master of Stealth

I'm currently playing a game on a custom map I designed using the map editor. I set it up as a scenario with one very uniquely shaped continent and naval units disabled. It is 1950 and I have yet to make contact with the other civ. I have been researching future tech's for several centuries already and have a few cities that have every improvement built. I control over 75% of the map. Wherever the AI is hiding, there will be no chance that it will present any challenge. It's a little more boring than I thought the map would be.

2. SunTzu

SunTzu Hooah Retired Moderator

I like being the isolationist, its just much more fun

------------------
    Civilization God of War & Economic Prosperity
    http://www.civfanatics.com Staff, Forum Moderator and Civilization Fanatics Center Official Scenario Reviewer

Apolyton Who?!

3. kundor

kundor Chairman of the H.I.V.E.

Would you use the forums' handy-dandy file upload feature to put the scenario here? I wouldn't mind giving a contactless game a go...Though I imagine it would get really boring...
    Did the AI get any wonders in your game?

4. Karl Marx the Penguin

Karl Marx the Penguin Comrade Penguin

No contact!!!

How can that be

With just one continent, most people would get a dozen mounted units go on and on and on until they found someone. I don't think most civplayers could play in such isolation. I would go crazy. I would make sure to get Marco Polo's at any cost. I would butter up that AI personality until he/she would give in and give me the map of their part of the world. Contact is necessary. If you want to play alone. Play SimCity2000. It's a great game.

I was a SC2000 addict before Civ got me

5. thedirk

thedirk Master of Stealth

Well I found them in 1975. It took about 10 turns to completely wipe them out. It was quite boring indeed. Definately not worth playing again. I think the map needs some alterations.

The only wonders the AI built were the Great Library and the Lighthouse. Seeing as there were only 2 civs and no naval units, my reaction was

I'll try and upload it soon if you want to give it a try.