isolation

thedirk

Master of Stealth
I'm currently playing a game on a custom map I designed using the map editor. I set it up as a scenario with one very uniquely shaped continent and naval units disabled. It is 1950 and I have yet to make contact with the other civ. I have been researching future tech's for several centuries already and have a few cities that have every improvement built. I control over 75% of the map. Wherever the AI is hiding, there will be no chance that it will present any challenge. It's a little more boring than I thought the map would be.

I like being the isolationist, its just much more fun

------------------
Civilization God of War & Economic Prosperity
http://www.civfanatics.com Staff, Forum Moderator and Civilization Fanatics Center Official Scenario Reviewer

Apolyton Who?!

Would you use the forums' handy-dandy file upload feature to put the scenario here? I wouldn't mind giving a contactless game a go...Though I imagine it would get really boring...
Did the AI get any wonders in your game?

No contact!!!

How can that be

With just one continent, most people would get a dozen mounted units go on and on and on until they found someone. I don't think most civplayers could play in such isolation. I would go crazy. I would make sure to get Marco Polo's at any cost. I would butter up that AI personality until he/she would give in and give me the map of their part of the world. Contact is necessary. If you want to play alone. Play SimCity2000. It's a great game.

I was a SC2000 addict before Civ got me

Well I found them in 1975. It took about 10 turns to completely wipe them out. It was quite boring indeed. Definately not worth playing again. I think the map needs some alterations.

The only wonders the AI built were the Great Library and the Lighthouse. Seeing as there were only 2 civs and no naval units, my reaction was

I'll try and upload it soon if you want to give it a try.

Top Bottom