Israel strikes Gaza. Here we go again.

Aye, they voted for Hamas, and Hamas responded by crushing their political expression thats not Israel's fault.

Perhaps somebody could start a not-for-profit where they raise money to buy Palestinians better mortars and rockets.
People have in the past, but the Israelis haven't been very supportive of it. In fact, they're not very supportive of anyone trying to move anything of any kind into Gaza.

Israel ... racially-pure theocratic state they've carved out for themselves.

Last I checked, Israel was inhabited for 75% by Jews. So much for racial purity.

And?

I assume you're one of those people who doesn't trust anyone then. In which case no source will please you.

People have in the past, but the Israelis haven't been very supportive of it. In fact, they're not very supportive of anyone trying to move anything of any kind into Gaza.

Well maybe if Hamas would ask nicer Israel could lend them some Mortars and Rockets.

Lets be realistic, this problem isn't going to get solved. Even if Israel gave Palestine independence and relinquished the Gaza strip, the radical Islamists would still attack them non-stop until Israel didn't exist anymore.

I am curious about the title wording. Why did you go with what you did, making Israel look like the aggressors as opposed to something more legitimate like, "Gaza based terrorists strike Israel, prompting righteous response."

And?

I assume you're one of those people who doesn't trust anyone then. In which case no source will please you.

I have no reason to trust anything the IDF says. Al-Jazeera (English) is where I get my Middle Eastern news.

I am curious about the title wording. Why did you go with what you did, making Israel look like the aggressors as opposed to something more legitimate like, "Gaza based terrorists strike Israel, prompting righteous response."

Because the majority of this forum is biased towards the Arab states, you should know that by now. When in reality, neither side has the high ground when it comes to morality.

The so called "terrorist chief" killed in Gaza, was Israel's own man.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diploma...ed-its-subcontractor-in-gaza.premium-1.477886
Ahmed Jabari was a subcontractor, in charge of maintaining Israel's security in Gaza. This title will no doubt sound absurd to anyone who in the past several hours has heard Jabari described as "an arch-terrorist," "the terror chief of staff" or "our Bin Laden."

But that was the reality for the past five and a half years. Israel demanded of Hamas that it observe the truce in the south and enforce it on the multiplicity of armed organizations in the Gaza Strip. The man responsible for carrying out this policy was Ahmed Jabari.

In return for enforcing the quiet, which was never perfect, Israel funded the Hamas regime through the flow of shekels in armored trucks to banks in Gaza, and continued to supply infrastructure and medical services to the inhabitants of the Gaza Strip. Jabari was also Israel's partner in the negotiations for the release of Gilad Shalit; it was he who ensured the captive soldier's welfare and safety, and it was he saw to Shalit's return home last fall.

Now Israel is saying that its subcontractor did not do his part and did not maintain the promised quiet on the southern border. The repeated complaint against him was that Hamas did not succeed in controlling the other organizations, even though it is not interested in escalation. After Jabari was warned openly (Amos Harel and Avi Issacharoff reported here at the beginning of this week that the assassination of top Hamas people would be renewed), he was executed on Wednesday in a public assassination action, for which Israel hastened to take responsibility. The message was simple and clear: You failed - you're dead. Or, as Defense Minister Ehud Barak likes to say, "In the Middle East there is no second chance for the weak."

The assassination of Jabari will go down in history as another showy military action initiated by an outgoing government on the eve of an election.

Lets be realistic, this problem isn't going to get solved. Even if Israel gave Palestine independence and relinquished the Gaza strip, the radical Islamists would still attack them non-stop until Israel didn't exist anymore.

That's what Israel did. They left Gaza entirely, including forcibly removing their settler populations.

Its why Hamas was able to kill off the Fatah in control of the strip an take it for themselves, hence the quagmire with the blockade today.

I have no reason to trust anything the IDF says. Al-Jazeera (English) is where I get my Middle Eastern news.

Why not? If you don't trust the IDF, I assume you don't trust Hamas either, I mean, if the IDF can't be neutral neither can they right?

Anyways, they're the ones shipping aid there, and they collect statistics on it, here's a massive amount of papers published by them on it. There is no reason to distrust them.

Also, Al-Jazzera, while usually pretty good for Middle Eastern news, I find heavily biased whenever dealing with the Israeli-Palestinian situation.

If you want neutrality the Beeb is much better.

The only conflicted more heated than the Israeli Palestinian one is the Kochman- Formadahyde one as a result of these threads.

Don't worry everyone. We don't need to do anything about the mess in the Middle East. When Jesus returns, all will be fixed. So let's continue on doing nothing.

Why not? If you don't trust the IDF, I assume you don't trust Hamas either, I mean, if the IDF can't be neutral neither can they right?

Of course not. They're both parties involved in the conflict.

Anyways, they're the ones shipping aid there, and they collect statistics on it, here's a massive amount of papers published by them on it. There is no reason to distrust them.

That may be the case, but there's also a clear policy to limit the Gaza strip's ability to improve its standard of living. Israeli papers have admitted that they sought to give "Gaza a diet" and banned various random things such as honey, and sugar, and cement (vital to repair houses damaged by bombings) and so forth as a form of collective punishment against Gaza. Collective punishment is against principles of international law and human rights, Gaza functions as an open air internment camp where a bunch of fanatics with guns run the show. No doubt Egypt, was and still is, complicit in the blockade but that doesn't excuse it.

Also, Al-Jazzera, while usually pretty good for Middle Eastern news, I find heavily biased whenever dealing with the Israeli-Palestinian situation.

I think their news articles are pretty neutral, they cover the Palestinian perspective more but that's to be expected.

If you want neutrality the Beeb is much better.

BBC?

I just feel bad for those children who had to die since the adults will always argue about "holy soil"...

"oh hey Mohamed pissed over here.This land is holy!or hey Jesus took a nap under this tree this land is holy!"

that is all it really boils down to in the middle east....I'm sorry if it seems so simple minded,but its the best way to explain it to the aliens if they wanted to know what we were arguing about....

That may be the case, but there's also a clear policy to limit the Gaza strip's ability to improve its standard of living. Israeli papers have admitted that they sought to give "Gaza a diet" and banned various random things such as honey, and sugar, and cement (vital to repair houses damaged by bombings) and so forth as a form of collective punishment against Gaza. Collective punishment is against principles of international law and human rights, Gaza functions as an open air internment camp where a bunch of fanatics with guns run the show. No doubt Egypt, was and still is, complicit in the blockade but that doesn't excuse it.

I love this...and now Israel is taking a page out of the Nazi's book.Such hypocrites...atleast they didn't chain the Palestinians to the ground...

what are you talking about

Top Bottom