Issue with flying crafts

Chiyu

Prince
I wanted to use some units from the Final Frontier mod as 'antigravity' ships that can travel both over water and land. I want them to float in the air, just like gunships. However, instead they're just sitting on the ground . Setting the "<bActAsAir>0</bActAsAir>" setting to "<bActAsAir>1</bActAsAir>" in CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml doesn't help.

Does anyone know how I can solve this? Below is a screenshot of the problem:

Spoiler :

First off, how did you get it to travel across multiple domains?

Secondly, a quick fix would be to raise the unit in nifskope. Depending if it has bones or moving parts, you might have to raise it in all of its animation files instead.

EDIT: Ok maybe its not a quick fix, its actually a very tedious fix. But it does work if noone can come up with a simple xml entry to change.

Chiyu: played around with one of those models and raised the entire scene root of the one of those units' nifs(z=150) to about the gunships height.

Civ4ScreenShot0069.JPG

The only problem with this is that the civlopedia (atleast my civlopedia) doesnt seem to recognize this and still displays it in the ground. So if that is unacceptable you will have to alter all the kf files. The gunchip only idles at that height because all its kf files tell it to. So it seems that the civlopedia needs the kf files to display correctly:confused:. Even though the actuall game apparently can be tricked.

Act as Air fixes the civilopedia display. Nifscope fixes the in game altitude.

Thanks for the help!
And yes keldath, that's what I did it :).

So achilleszero.. How did you raise the nifs of these units? What should I use to open .nif files, and where do I get it?

-Chiyu

So achilleszero.. How did you raise the nifs of these units? What should I use to open .nif files, and where do I get it?

-Chiyu

"NIFSkope" is the easiest to raise the units.

http://niftools.sourceforge.net/wiki/NifSkope

I usually do not raise the entire scene but the meshes in the scene.

Yeah, nifskope is the way to go. But if you only raise the mesh like johny smith says then the effects like the afterburners and gunfire will still be down on the ground, because they are not connected to the mesh. Everything in the scene needs to be raised to the same hieght.

Sorry yes I mean raise the effects and everything. The scene root is forced back to the ground in some case I had anyway when just raising it alone.

Top Bottom