[TOT] Issue with scenario overhaul: AI Tribes refuse to settle

PlutonianEmpire

King of the Plutonian Empire
Hi all, I'm overhauling my PlutoRising scenario, but was forced to use a 3 year old setup save in order to replace the maps, because the current one for Pluto is outdated thanks to New Horizons. So far, my biggest issue is that now, the AI are completely unwilling to settle cities on Pluto (Map 2). They will settle cities on every other map, 0, 1, and 3, but not 2. I vaguely remember having an issue like this before, but I do not remember if I fixed it or how.

Can anyone help at all, please? :)

Attachments

• yunobuildcitiesubasterd.7z
    3.3 MB · Views: 127
The fertility scores for all tiles on map 2 are 0, this prevents the AI from settling there. You can verify this in the Lua console, just paste this line:
Code:
w, h, _ = civ.getMapDimensions(); for y = 0, h - 1 do for x = y & 1, w - 1, 2 do if civ.getTile(x, y, 2).fertility > 0 then print(x, y) end end end

This prints nothing, so there are no fertile tiles. If you change your Rules.txt file to a mod, so you have map generation, you can verify that fertility is calculated fine, so there is no issue with the @FERTILITY2 section (at least not anymore).

Maybe you can give it another try, replacing the map, using the Lua code to verify if fertility is calculated correctly now. In the meantime, I'll change tile.fertility so it can be set from Lua (currently it's read-only), then a small script could fix this as well.

Top Bottom