[NFP] January Update Video Discussion

My first thought about the Preserve district is that, hopefully, they've slighted edited Bull Moose Teddy's ability around it to make him less busted. Current Bull Moose Teddy is still absolutely insane and I cannot understand why he still hasn't been nerfed - all that additional Science or Culture given, for free, with no opportunity cost just makes him ridiculous to play as, and eye-rolling to play against. I don't mind him keeping the ability as it if it is limited to cities with Preserve districts, because we know the District comes early on the tree (probably at Mysticism, given that's when the Grove unlocks). At least then BM Teddy isn't getting +2 Science and +2 Culture on almost every tile from Turn 1, and players choosing to build the Preserve then lose district slot in the city, which helps balance things out.

I dunno, just my two cents. They probably still don't even think BM Teddy needs any balance, and would rather just overpower him further...

I could definitely see them wanting to edit Teddy to work with the preserve. Certainly wouldn't mind giving him a full update - something like "Preserve districts don't count as a district slot. +100% production to preserve districts." and then maybe also adding in some basic bonuses (like +1 culture/science for breathtaking tiles, rather than the +2/+2 he gets now)

Blurring of leader avatar at 3:28 timestamp was few frames short in the video. Managed to grab this

I guess she satisfied the female quota. I find it a little odd that should would be wearing the traditional headgear, its name I can't recall. I guess it screams vietnam but I assume that headgear is a recent accessory, unless they always have that kind of headgear from her time period. Or even worse that she would be wearing ao dai instead of something from an earlier period.

So Vietnam cannot build districts (or at least holy sites) on a tile where there is no feature (woods, rainforest, marsh) - there must be a plus side to this (and hopefully not just +1 production / science / culture). Maybe some bigger adjacencies from something? Would explain this strange campus / industrial set up in the preview..

I'm curious to know if we can built it multiple times.
I cought the CityProductionPanel when they built the Preserve District, and the later is Green, probably a non Pop requiring District that you can buid multiple Times in a City.

I cought the CityProductionPanel when they built the Preserve District, and the later is Green, probably a non Pop requiring District that you can buid multiple Times in a City.

I wouldn't rely too much on the "color", they could've used a slightly different green hue to make it different from the other green districts. I am hoping that it is like that, but then I fear that it may be overpowered, have you SEEN the yields from the Tier 2 building?

So Vietnam cannot build districts (or at least holy sites) on a tile where there is no feature (woods, rainforest, marsh) - there must be a plus side to this (and hopefully not just +1 production / science / culture). Maybe some bigger adjacencies from something? Would explain this strange campus / industrial set up in the preview..

adding screenshot for context, sorry for spam
upload_2021-1-19_18-32-5.png

Firaxis - thank you. This looks like a much better update for the play style that I like. The game mode adds depth without going into fantasy territory and that civs/leaders are excellent additions that build on unique facets of CivVI gameplay. I'm not sure about how the preserve mirrors real-world city planning but I'll overlook that.

I wouldn't rely too much on the "color", they could've used a slightly different green hue to make it different from the other green districts. I am hoping that it is like that, but then I fear that it may be overpowered, have you SEEN the yields from the Tier 2 building?
You mean VietNam's probably UA? No I didn't, there were only Tier 1 Buildings built.

View attachment 582131
I am curious to know how this affects adjacency bonuses, since districts will take a massive hit when it comes to adjacency bonuses if they can't be placed on regular tiles anymore.

You mean VietNam's probably UA? No I didn't, there were only Tier 1 Buildings built.

I never mentioned Vietnam, I was refering to the Sanctuary. Until I see a tooltip describing the rules, I'm not assuming it can be built in every city.

Any bonus that grants Science or Culture is really powerful, and the Grove already does that to breathtaking tiles (and I think it's a tier 1 building as well).

View attachment 582131

i think the IZ, campus, and TS pins show the yeild you get from various features - production on marsh, science on rainforest, culture on woods. matches up with the culture from shrine, science from amphitheater and production from market we see later, and explains the two TS pins

Very excited for the new game mode as it looks like it will suit my playstyle perfectly. I love the fact that every luxury resource will provide a unique bonus! I also really like the new district - looks like a National Park that's actually usable.
I don't really know much of Vietnam to guess what its gameplay bonuses will be like but I am excited to find out!

Ok to sum it up
Leader: Trieu Thi Trinh (Lady Trieu, or if they go full Vietnamese, Ba` Trieu, cuz if they keep all the diacritics, why not)
UU: nỏ thần, a more expensive crossbow
UI: Thành, replacing the Encampment (<= I hate this choice, kinda too basic)
UA: Build districts on features only, without destroying the features. Buildings inside districts earn yields from the type of features the districts are on: Science from Rainforest, Production from Marsh and Culture from Woods.

i think the IZ, campus, and TS pins show the yeild you get from various features - production on marsh, science on rainforest, culture on woods. matches up with the culture from shrine, science from amphitheater and production from market we see later, and explains the two TS pins

Fairly sure City Screen shows Shrine and Market having +1 Culture and +1 Production respectively, but I can see that both Holy Site and Commercial Hub being on top of forests.

Never mind, someone pointed out you can see the Marsh before they place the Commercial Hub, and you can see the Marsh underneath the Commercial Hubs, the trees in the district confused me.

Top Bottom