JJ02-The Mystery Variants

The dotmappable attachments are now in url format, but at least they are there. I had some trouble with these attachments.

I am not seeing most of the screenies.
Wheel-pottery sounds good

Here is a first attempt at a dot map. The blue city should be one tile farther to the east. The yellow site is the most convenient for a second city, but those sites to the south east are very rich and will supply us with resources to let our initial cities grow fairly large early on.

JJ02 3100BC Dot Map.JPG

My Turnset:

0: pressed ENTER.
1: Animal Hsbandry->The Wheel.
2-3: :sleep:
4: Worker->Warior.
5-9: :sleep:
10: Warrior->Settler.
11: Budhism BFIDL.
12: The Wheel->Pottery

Asoka switched to Buddisim.
13: Hinduisim BFIDL.
14-20: Im feeling mysterious...

Well, asoka is very close to us, it might be a problem;)
Our scouting warior finished to look at our close enviorment, and because I brought him too close to us, he is in a GOTO to the yellow dot to wait for our coming-soon settler. I advise the next player to take another warior from London and send him to fog bust the western side.

Good job Sprite, I will play it tonight but i need one thing, the save game.

meta-lurker's comment
Re: that dop map. You could probably get 4 cities in the east, rather than the overlapping 4. Move the green cross over to get the sheep, move blue to get the corn and both silver. Put another city to the NE of where blue was to get the deer and incense, and then move purple up, but still get both gold and the wine.

Will play later tonight.
I plan to settle yellow dot, scout around and connect our two cities.
After pottery thinking about BW as we have a lot of forests and we need to see location of copper. Asoka is so close and horsies are so far away. Would like to place third city either near copper or in a spot 2 north of the green dot, it would yield us 2 gold and two food tiles (corn and sheep).

Oh man this game is gonna be hilarious. I just read the list of varients. All I can say is- good luck guys! You'll need it!

remember. you could settle west if there are any better playes so as sprite soda said scout.

@pi-r8 and any other lurkers:

I've had PM conversations with all players to discuss their variants. Some are slightly modified. I'll try to keep track and post a modification to the variants file.

I definitely think Bw is a good tech choice. I think we might need an early war to get some good land. There is not much food near us.

i checked the save we need to elimainate asoka quickly. not becuase he's so near but to get his holy city before anyone else. check this out.

The year is 2500BC and a new leader emerges from the clan. Blastoid contemplates Sprites dream of expansion. But where? To the elephants or gold in the east? But what about the lands behind the distant sunset mountains? What lies there? SO he sends forth a column of 1000 men to find what wonders lie toward the setting sun.

2470 The new leader Blastoid is informed that he is the leader of the most pathetically wimpy civilization of the world. Upset he orders the that another warrior be produced once the settlers push forth

2410 The exploratory force has to decide whether to move north or south to pass the mountains, they pick north where white rocks glimmer in a pass between mountains to the south and forested hills to the north

2350 The exploratory force passes through the white rocks, finding them soft, easy to cut and remarkable beautiful and they call the stone marble. Beyond the marble they step onto a coastal plane teaming with horses and pigs and later discover clams the size of a large dog off the coast. They quickly send 50 men racing back to London, with news of this amazing place, and the Blastoid knows where he must send his settlers.

2320 The secrets of pottery are discovered and the quest for copper begins. This will turn out to be a long process which Blastoid will never see the fruits of.
2290 The exploratory force stumbles across a wounded cave bear, that lashes out to attack but quickly dies

2200 A lion meets the same fate in woods southwest of the valley of the horses and pigs, and from these trials the column, though now smaller have learned how to fight in the deep forest.

2110 The settlers arrive in the valley of the horses and pigs and the city of York is founded. With pigs, horses, marble and giant clams the city is a marvel to behold but not yet fully tamed. A worker is begun in the city to coral the beast that roam the plain

2080 More warriors trained in London but the secret tellers still say we are puny as starved six-year-old. To be tougher work on a barrack begins, only to be halted when the population rises and the populace demands a worker be put out the chop down the nearby forests.

1930 Work on the barracks is halted so work on a worker begins. We hear word that Asoka has adopted the practice of slavery, and abominable practice!!!

1900 We here that Genghis has also adopted slavery, it figures.

And so the reign of the Blastoid ends. His legacy the founding of York and his exploration of the western lands

And here they are in color

and our homeland

A coulle of things to note from the turn. The worker is at York and workers are being produced at both cities. London is screaming for some chopping along the river, with cottages replaing the forests in most coases (maybe 1 farm). I attmpted to build a road between our two cities but some animals chased me around a bit. the desert square between two road squares has 1 turn of road built on it.

I think BW may determine our next city placement, though yellow can be a fall back if Asoka does not claim it.

We need to start getting ready for the barbarian invasion, there is a lot of empty space around us at the moment, lickily there is also a lot of AI units floating around, fogbusting and waithing to distract the barbs as well.

here is the save

Top Bottom