JOE-07 - Surfer Dudes!

I had a fairly busy weekend so I did not get a chance to check before now. I can play after you if Frankcor agrees. I see that Qin is moving towards the copper city which is not surprising, we will have to just beat him.

Hello again, i'm back with computer and internet acces.
I'll be doing some moving during thsi week again, but that will only take a couple of hours, so I'm back in and ready to play :)

Not a problem JOE I should be able to play tonight and hopefully report. I knew I should have looked at the save yesterday, oh well. I think looking back at the previous posting I need to:

1. Build the copper city ASAP.
2. Tech AH, I see we have Writing, are we try to get Alphabet before Metal Casing?

I really wish I had looked at the save so that I could have clearer plans. Please anyone with suggests or points that they would like to make go ahead, you have ~9hours before I play from this post.

Turn 0 (130)

Whip Settler in York.
Whip Lighthouse in Nottingham.

Turn 1 (131)

Start Granary in York, 13 turns.
Start Granary in Nottingham, 57 turns.
Move Settler and Archer towards Copper site. Move Galley to pick up Settler.

Turn 2 (132)

Notice Arabian Settler/Swordman moving towards us.

London grew so shifted some citizens to increase production and stall growth a bit.

IBT

Saladin builds a new city.

Turn 3 (133)

Move worker.

IBT

Choose Metal Casting (36 turns).

Turn 4 (134)

Increase science rate to 80% income of 1gpt.

IBT

Met new guy.

Turn 5 (135)

Built Hastings. Start Monument (45 turns) there.

IBT

Sitting Bull comes with this.

I agree.

Turn 6 (136)

Turn 7 (137)

Whip Library in London.

Turn 8 (138)

Start Granary in London.

Turn 9 (139)

IBT

Turn 10 (140)

I really should be in bed so my comments here may be confusing and a bunch of nonsense. There are horses in between Nottingham and Hasting so another settler would be good. I do not see Qin settler in that area since his city there can grab the horses but we should get a settler there sooner than later. Metal Casting is due in 20 turns maybe a couple of scientist should be hired to help research. After the Nottingham and York have finished libraries we should start an army (maybe sooner). I started Granaries in the three cores cities for whipping purposes, I hope you all do not mind.

View attachment JOE-07 BC-0500.CivBeyondSwordSave

ROOSTER:
Quotey - On deck
FuRRie -
The Sansman - Just played
JesusOnEez - Skipped
frankcor - UP

We don't seem to be progressing to well :x.
I'm geussing Frankcor is about ready to play, so we'll just stick to the roster.
I'm really hoping we can get some more action into this SG.

Played the 10 turns, decided we need to go on the offensive.
Short report, no sceenshots, just open the save if you want to see.

T1: York: Granary => Axe
Great Spy born far away

T4: London: Granary => Axe
T5: Oracle BIADL
T7: York: Axe => Axe
+100 towards MC with event (from 12 to 10 turns)
Monte declares on Sitting Bull (<3 Monte)
T8: London: Axe => Axe
T9: Christianity founded
T10:Notthingham: Granary => Barracks

ROSTER
Quotey - UP
FuRRie - On Deck
The Sansman -
JesusOnEez -
frankcor -

Attachments

• JOE-07 BC-0350.CivBeyondSwordSave
    158.5 KB · Views: 63
We don't seem to be progressing to well :x.
I'm geussing Frankcor is about ready to play, so we'll just stick to the roster.
I'm really hoping we can get some more action into this SG.

I was thinking the same thing.

Glad to see that you played and I plan to look at the save tonight. Overall I agree we should begin our offense soon. Saladin is growing fast and is grabbing quite a bit of land, land that can be ours. I think we should settle the civil service site to get the horses and to connect to the copper city. Though I think we should gear up for war I do not think we should start until we have the Colossus completed to help maintain good cash flow. I really think we should hit Saladin hard and grab as many cities as we can from him. I think we should not raze too many of his inland cities for fear of another AI grabbing the sites and thus becoming another problem. I think we should create Horse Archer/Archer teams to pillage the hell out of all the cities we can not take.

Turn 0 (150)

Righty-ho then. Millitary buildup to take Saladin's cities.

Turn 2 (152)

Qin politely asks us to stop trading with a certain Native American. I politely decline.

Bit of an MM tip- onyl sign open borders just before you need to scout their land or get trhrough it to avoid small penalties like these. And then cancel the OBs.

And I notice this:

Cheeky bugger.

Turn 3 (153)

Christianity spread to us. I don't convert as there is a large mix of religons. We might want to go for the Paya to get FR?

Turn 4 (154)

More ask us to cancel OBs with SB. Didn't I just say cancel it manually? Oy...

I prolly should have accepted since he's the worst enemy of 3 civs. Oh well.

Turn 6 (156)

MC comes in. Industrious QSH already has it. Mybe he will build te Collosus in Chengdu. I decide to trade it to noone as the only thing available is Alpha and Sury would build the Collosus. Not sure if GW would.

Start Aesthetics as it's a good tradable item.

Turn 7 (157)

Next player MIGHT want to start a Forge in London at full hammers but it could take the greater part of 20 turns.

Turn 10 (160)

Sitting Bastard demands Fish. Please cancel the tribute on the last turn of next set. Unless you like the guy.

Oh, he's ay war with Monty- and the crazy man has 2 of his cities. Wow.

Worker with nothing pressing elsewhere is chopping the jungle bananas. Road them afterward to reduce jungle respred chance. Whip the monument in Ice City on turn 8 or nine. Whenever it grows.

Attachments

• JOE-07 BC-0200.CivBeyondSwordSave
    167.6 KB · Views: 75
Glad to see that you played and I plan to look at the save tonight.

Woops :p

ROSTER
Quotey - just played
FuRRie - UP
The Sansman - On Deck
JesusOnEez -
frankcor -

Next player should send our fogbusting warrior in Saladin's borders to scout Mecca and some other cities' defences. I am unsure about facing a protective leader with walls and barracks without cats.

Got it, will play between now and 5-6 hours.
I'm not sure about taking on Saladin either, but we con't be attacking in my 10 turns, so I geuss after some scouting we can decide.

(I know I played 2 times closely behind another, but it's to get the game going again :))

@FuRRie: If you post a save in ~7hours I could play (assuming there is nothing major to discuss).

As for Saladin, I think we can wait a bit but we should have an army ready to strike. I really think we should have the Colossus completed, before going to war, then we can decide if the time is right. I also think we should get some spy out there before we go to war, they would be helpful at slowing down Saladin counter strike.

Played my turns, again, no screenshots in my report.
I will be adding screens in later reports don't worry.
We are really gearing up towards a war, but maybe Saladin isn't the best target ?

T1: Bull asks to declare on Monte => No way...
Khmer demands MC => Go away
London: Axe => Barracks (yess, dumb move, fixed it next turn)
T2: London: Barracks => Forge
T3: York: Axe => Axe
Notthingham: Barracks => Sword
York: Axe (whip)
T4: York: Axe => Spear
Nottingham goes unhappy (my fault)
T6: We get a Great Merchant, fortify for now in London
T9: York: Spear => Spear
Bull and Monte make peace
T10: Nottingham: Sword => Sword (whip)

Saladin:
Medina: Walls + 2 Swords
Baghdad: 2 Axe + Archer
Mecca: Sword + 2 Axe + Archer + Walls

ROSTER
Quotey -
FuRRie -
The Sansman - UP
JesusOnEez - On Deck
frankcor -

Attachments

• JOE-07 BC-0050.CivBeyondSwordSave
    173.9 KB · Views: 73
too bad we haven't heard from Sansman :(
I'm thinking the next 10 are playable without to much debate, but after those 10 some crucial turns are coming up.

Top Bottom